Anyone been to New York?

not including either-I was talking about real ice cream made from real strawberries or clotted cream mmmmmm
You've got me there, I can't challenge that, only that i lived in Cornwall for many years and my wife's best friend made her own clotted cream, and we grew our own strawberries. Try beating that.:)

You've got me there, I can't challenge that, only that i lived in Cornwall for many years and my wife's best friend made her own clotted cream, and we grew our own strawberries. Try beating that.:)

Its such a shame you cant see me dribbling, my strawberries are not growing yet. I think I need to wait for the second year crop!

Its such a shame you cant see me dribbling, my strawberries are not growing yet. I think I need to wait for the second year crop!
Be careful, once they take hold they'll take over your whole garden. Some of the Wrens at my Naval Air Station at Culdrose would have given me anything for my strawbs. Its a ggod job I was happily married. Best of luck with them and enjoy.:)

Ah New York is a great place to go, the museums, the park, go see a play. Theres a lot to do. Really loved it there,went a couple years back and was meant to go again this month to a couins wedding but couldn't afford it. (Doing up the house and money is going on shelves and tables and other stuff-might have got my priorites wrong, lol)

I might be headed there for the third time but i'm more excited than ever!!!! I've done all the typical sights and this time i'm going wandering!!!

It still amazes me that in a city that has a reputation for being so jaded and dangerous and has silly amounts of tourists, that when you open your mouth to chat and they here the brit accent come flooding out that they still get so giddy!!! I love it!!

I cant wait to eat a slice of pizza bigger than my head, have a piece of cheese cake with twice as many calories as the recommended daily intake for a woman, tell a diner waitress how i would like my eggs, get swept along with several hundred people at a cross walk, watch people break dancing in the subway, people watch in central park, lose myself in phantom, wear the soles off my shoes with how much walking i'll do, have my order translated into spanish in mcDonalds (this happened to me the first time i went and i only ordered a coke- uno coca cola......!!) watch some unknown band in a strange little bar in the east village and everything else i stumble across!!!!! giddy giddy giddy!

I might be headed there for the third time but i'm more excited than ever!!!! I've done all the typical sights and this time i'm going wandering!!!

It still amazes me that in a city that has a reputation for being so jaded and dangerous and has silly amounts of tourists, that when you open your mouth to chat and they here the brit accent come flooding out that they still get so giddy!!! I love it!!

I cant wait to eat a slice of pizza bigger than my head, have a piece of cheese cake with twice as many calories as the recommended daily intake for a woman, tell a diner waitress how i would like my eggs, get swept along with several hundred people at a cross walk, watch people break dancing in the subway, people watch in central park, lose myself in phantom, wear the soles off my shoes with how much walking i'll do, have my order translated into spanish in mcDonalds (this happened to me the first time i went and i only ordered a coke- uno coca cola......!!) watch some unknown band in a strange little bar in the east village and everything else i stumble across!!!!! giddy giddy giddy!

You're just the kind of lady we like having around. The toffee noses can stay home. Go watch the Yankees play, or the Knicks, or the Giants, the mets, the nets, the Rangers or the Islanders, Don't matter what sport or whether you can understand it, just enjoy the crowd.:)

• 2 weeks later...

nobikejohn & I went to NY in March last year. Spent 10 days there - and still didn't get to see everything we wanted to!

We bought the NY Pass. Saved oodles of dosh and visited some interesting attractions we wouldn't normally have thought about - so we were really pleased.

Tip: You do need to plan your sight-seeing though!

Enjoy your trip to the Big Apple!

Archived