Anyone been to New York?

If you have no intention of visitng the place why are you bothering to post your moronic comments on this thread?

Stick to your usual Mecca for cultural enlightment.... Skeggy :hihi:

Time of the month again, Harleyman? :hihi:

I'd say stick around Manhattan, there's plenty there to keep you occupied for a week, or so we found it when a mate had his stag do a coupla years ago. Other parts of NYC can still be a bit problematic, I hear?

I'd say stick around Manhattan, there's plenty there to keep you occupied for a week, or so we found it when a mate had his stag do a coupla years ago. Other parts of NYC can still be a bit problematic, I hear?

There are rough parts, but not many tourists have much reason to visit the projects (which are basically the American equivalent of vast council estates like Park Hill used to be).

I dont suffer idiots who make silly remarks.

There are places in London, Birmingham, Sheffiled I'd stay clear of if I was there but none of them have the charisma and excitement of New York. I was there for two days many years ago and hoping to visit sometime next year

There are rough parts, but not many tourists have much reason to visit the projects (which are basically the American equivalent of vast council estates like Park Hill used to be).

Projects might be good for a visit. Rap with the homies, fire an AK for the first time, snort a little toot, get wasted but keep away from the sisters :hihi:

if you have time then visit Coney Island, the US version of Cleethorpes!

I kid you not :hihi:

A walk along the boardwalk to Brighton beach is a real eye opener if its hot.

If you like a bbq and good happy hour drink the go to Famous Dave's just off Times Square.

If you get to Battery Park early (10am) the queues to the statue of liberty shouldn't be that bad but if you want to go up into the crown you'll need to book it about 8months in advance, also in the park you can see the mangled golden globe that was in one of the twin towers.

Subway is a great way to get around and its really cheap, $2.20 takes you very far if you want.

enjoy

Dont bother mentioning typos. Unless you never make them yourself

I could care less what other countries you prefer. If you dont like the USA or Americans you are just another Yank phobe and you have plenty of company from some others on here but the essential point is you're adding nothing new by implying by your posts that you dont like America. It's been said before a hundred times already by others like yourself.

I have no wish to visit Zimbabwe or Iran but I wouldnt waste space telling everybody else about it

New York will survive quite well without you of that I am reasonably certain :)

I have many friends who live in America, so I guess I am not a yank phobe as you put it. Sorry to prove you wrong. At no time have I said I don't like America or Americans, sorry to prove you wrong again. All I said was I have no intention of visiting. Are you finding a simple statement difficult to understand. I have many relatives who live in America also and I do not have a problem with them either. It would seem that from your suppositions, which are so far off the mark they are untrue, that it is you who has the problem not me. We do however have something in common, strangely, I have no wish to visit Zimbabwe or Iran either;)

Archived