Anyone been to New York?

i've been twice already and am going back in october for round three!!

Haha with all these talk, I might just plan round four for next summer.

TKTS is a very good idea for theatre tickets. The booth at Times Square is very busy and sometimes you have to queue for hours. There is another booth at South Street Seaport which has a shorter queue and opens earlier in the day.

It never fails to amaze me how many naysayers say they have many American friends and/or relatives. They talk as if they know everything about us, failing to realize that some of us live, work, play and vote all our days here, and I for one often find them ignorant about us. I'm not saying you''re one of them, but you must understand that we get offended at times, when things are said without thought.

I have American friends here too Buck and a close friend & work colleague has just emigrated to work in the US and we are in regular contact. Sorry that you're irish trip has had to be cancelled due to ill health. The reason I cannot visit the US is because of my wife's illness , as such she is unable to fly like yourself.

And here are some photos of New York City now.

Is there really much to do in New York though? Like most American cities it just looks like a jumble of skyscapers, shopping malls, burger bars and freeways, inhabited primarily by tourists and gun-wielding gangs.

No art, no culture, no history, it must be like spending your holidays at Meadowhall!

No art, no culture, no history, it must be like spending your holidays at Meadowhall!

A little education is needed if you can come up with a statment like that. You obviously not got a single clue about the city.

Look up Ellis Island if you don't know what that is. There is the Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim museum etc etc.

A little education is needed if you can come up with a statment like that. You obviously not got a single clue about the city.

Look up Ellis Island if you don't know what that is. There is the Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim museum etc etc.

I don't think its worth entertaining him. Obviously, his world is the pub on a Friday night to 'ave it large with his mates.

I don't think its worth entertaining him. Obviously, his world is the pub on a Friday night to 'ave it large with his mates.

No need to resort to insults, pal. I'd say that if you enjoy spending your holidays in America stuffing your face with burgers, dodging drive-by shootings and thinking the height of culture is Disneyland then you're the shallow one!

Archived