Where can I get hold of a handful of genuine charity clothing bags?

Looking for somewhere I can get a few genuine charity bags from as I am having a long awaited clear out this weekend. Refuse to use feebay, as once fees have been taken off, it's not worth the hassle. Wouldn't mind freecycle, but I just want to bag it up- can't be bothered with anyone wanting to sift through. Just thinking charity may go to someone in need.

Can anyone tell me where I can pick some up, or possibly get some sent out to me? I can't get to town to a charity shop at any point this week...

It is good to be helping others less fortunate. Monkey lover’s suggestion seems to be a simple common sense solution. What is the reason that you feel they have to be genuine charity bags? I do hope that you are not going to put the bags through people’s doors to collect for yourself (I don’t mean to offend by that, but it is a strange thing to request).:huh: Also, why do you say that fees would be deducted if bought from ebay? Are you getting confused with the fees that are deducted from sellers? (I have never heard of fees being deducted from buyers-very strange):suspect:

It is good to be helping others less fortunate. Monkey lover’s suggestion seems to be a simple common sense solution. What is the reason that you feel they have to be genuine charity bags? I do hope that you are not going to put the bags through people’s doors to collect for yourself (I don’t mean to offend by that, but it is a strange thing to request).:huh: Also, why do you say that fees would be deducted if bought from ebay? Are you getting confused with the fees that are deducted from sellers? (I have never heard of fees being deducted from buyers-very strange):suspect:

I MEAN I DO NOT want to sell the clothes on ebay, as it will cost a lot... I want genuine charity bags as I will not be able to drop them off and want them collecting.... I do not want to dump plain old black bags outside my property that a) animals can rip open b) my nutty neighbour will see reason to complain about me to the council.

I don't see how it is a strange request. People are much too suspicious these days... I have a good job, and even if I had time to go "stealing" clothes with charity bags, I've not got the morals to do that. The aim for "genuine" charity bags is so that my clothes do not go to some thieving scum who do shove these bags through doors, this was all over the news just a few days ago..

No wonder people don't tend to help others much.

I might as well just throw it all in the bin.

Oh and just for the record, I actually thought due to past "good deeds" I have seen and heard of happening through here, someone may be willing to offer me a few of theirs. After all there are countless threads on people getting fed up of them shoved through their doors..

Obviously the helping hand people of SF have been replaced by suspicious individuals.

could you not just put them in normal bin bags, then drop them off at a charity shop when you get chance. If you haven't got any transport, they may pick them up for you.

I will have to call up a few charity shops and find out if there is a specific day they will come (I don't want to leave bags laying about), if they will collect plain old black bags and if I need to label them.

Thanks. It looks like if I can't get hold of any, I will need to go out and spend money on some bin bags :hihi:.

Relost I'm not sure that charities come to individual houses to pick up bags of donations. They have target areas where they push bags through every door and then return on a specific date to pick the full bags up from outside houses. Then there are of course those charities who are not linked to local charity shops. They leave bags, collect them later, do what ever it is with the clothes (I think sometimes they just sell the clothes as waste like the old rag and bone man) and pass a tiny portion of the profit on to a charity.

Oh and just for the record, I actually thought due to past "good deeds" I have seen and heard of happening through here, someone may be willing to offer me a few of theirs. After all there are countless threads on people getting fed up of them shoved through their doors..

Obviously the helping hand people of SF have been replaced by suspicious individuals.

Hi I have about 30 of those charity bags you are meaning but its no good giving them to you now to use as they pushed them through my door weeks/months ago with a note on saying collect Wed this week or similar! So there's no point as the collections have come and gone :)

Use Freecycle and don't let people rummage through them just offer as bags of clothes or send them to a charity shop :)

Relost I'm not sure that charities come to individual houses to pick up bags of donations. They have target areas where they push bags through every door and then return on a specific date to pick the full bags up from outside houses. Then there are of course those charities who are not linked to local charity shops. They leave bags, collect them later, do what ever it is with the clothes (I think sometimes they just sell the clothes as waste like the old rag and bone man) and pass a tiny portion of the profit on to a charity.

Hi, that's what I was hoping for.... bags that they may collect a few says later.

I have just seen a small recycling site near me, so I'm going to see if they have a clothing bank there, as that may be a good opportunity to stick the less "good" stuff in there, and the better stuff to charity.

Hi I have about 30 of those charity bags you are meaning but its no good giving them to you now to use as they pushed them through my door weeks/months ago with a note on saying collect Wed this week or similar! So there's no point as the collections have come and gone :)

Use Freecycle and don't let people rummage through them just offer as bags of clothes or send them to a charity shop :)

Thanks... :)

Archived