Should they ban this video game?

But that just proves how stupid arguments for banning it are - that you can simply change their name and suddenly it is ok.

Besides which, i once played risk as the USSR, DURING THE COLD WAR.

it would get Liam Fox and his supporters off their back, but then i guess the amount of press this issue is raising awareness of the game, i dont think EA are too fussed about changing anything?!

Not so (he's been a bit isolated on this one):

That's a little better but still indicative of the way many politicians think it's their job to control everything.

Almost everyone seems to find something offensive in everything we do these days - I find many of our governments actions offensive but have to live with it - they should try doing the same.

Video games have for years now let you shoot at virtual Russians and virtual Arabs and virtual Germans and no-one bats an eyelid.

One comes out where you can play as the 'bad guys' and shoot at virtual Americans and virtual Brits and fox gets all up in arms about it.

Stupid xenophobic idiots.

shoot at ... virtual Brits and fox gets all up in arms about it.

And EA have stated that there are no British soldiers featured in the game, so he's more of a moron than first meets the eye.

I remember when they banned Manhunt. I went on eBay straight away and bought a copy.

True story, this is almost certainly a marketing ploy anyway, surely the folks at Fox must know that all they're doing is giving this game a whole load of free publicity? They can't be that stupid can they?

Remember the airport level from MW2? Sold 5 million copies in the first day? Has made over a billion dollars for Activision?

Smart move EA, kudos to you.

True story, this is almost certainly a marketing ploy anyway, surely the folks at Fox must know that all they're doing is giving this game a whole load of free publicity? They can't be that stupid can they?

Remember the airport level from MW2? Sold 5 million copies in the first day? Has made over a billion dollars for Activision?

Smart move EA, kudos to you.

Could it be that the government is trying to lower the deficit by secretly hiring out ministers as pitch-men for the gaming industry?

Alternately Fox owns some EA shares.

Or most likely Fox is just getting a bit of free publicity of his own knowing it will play well with the Daily Mail types not caring that this will in all likelihood help the sales of the game.

Archived