Woman on CCTV dumping kitten into bin!

libuse

It is very bizzare. She approached the cat and seemed happy to stroke it. Then you can see she clocks the bin and she thinks about it for a while :confused: It all seems to have been done on impulse and not pre-planned and I don't think she actually thought it through and honestly thought that the cat may die if it got trapped, I've seen cats get in and out of wheelie bins before now when bin surfing, though thinking about it there might have been a small gap for them to squeeze through.

Makes you wonder what goes on in peoples heads sometimes. Glad the kitty is fine. I think people reactions have been extreme but maybe most people turn a blind eye away from the abuse of animals that goes on all the time that is as bad if not worse, just normally it's only the end result you see and not the abuse in action.

Pakistan - Sick of people not paying enough attention to your plight? Simply put a cat in a wheelie bin and everyone will go mental.

I don't know if you have noticed but this is the pet owners group where we discuss pet related subjects and not the Pakistan disaster as terrible as that may be, it would of course be completely off topic just like your post...now go away and post on the relevant thread if you are so concerned!

I don't think Shoesme is just having a dig at this thread Moon... It is absolutely mental how much publicity/outrage this is getting.

Everywhere I look... Facebook, all the news websites, it's all over the front page. Plus it's on the radio, and other people in my office are all on about it.

I've never seen anything like it!

No offence taken, but you would be wrong in your assumptions why would you think that? anyone who regularly reads the group would know that I love animals, have lots of my own and help rescue as much as I can.

A bit of perspective needed to be gained here though I think, this thread made me think of the witch trials and screaming villagers waving pitch forks, I just don't get why people have to resort to these fantasies of retribution to get their feelings across...I see it all over the forum and frankly it doesn't make for pleasant reading, nor does it make many people wish to add to the debate.

im sorry but i would be very upset if it was my cat people like that should be locked up how could she if it was a child she would be it just dosent make sence whats wrog with the rspca these days thats all im saying and im sorry if it offends anyone

I certainly think that she was unbelievably wicked to do something like this to a cat, regardless of how much of a jape she thought it would be. There was no justification for her to do this.

Was she local to the family? did she know that the bin men weren't on their way with a bin wagon to crush the cat? did she think that the cat could get from the bottom of the depths of the bin, all the way up the smooth sides(!) to the lid, and open it from the inside?

What about the possibility that the cat could have starved to death in the bin, if it wasn't the families' own bin, and the bin owners were away on holiday?

No, it's not at all amusing:- it isn't a "jape", it's unnecessarily cruel and cruelly unnecessary.

I don't advocate her being hanged and flogged, but she certainly warrants a prosecution for cruelty. I can't believe her relative describes her as being a cat-lover, when she is capable of an act of such cruelty.

Pakistan - Sick of people not paying enough attention to your plight? Simply put a cat in a wheelie bin and everyone will go mental.

The british public have given £35 million to this plight so you can't really say people haven't been paying attention. This is far more than any other country.

But as moonbird says-this is the pet section.

I certainly think that she was unbelievably wicked to do something like this to a cat, regardless of how much of a jape she thought it would be. There was no justification for her to do this.

Was she local to the family? did she know that the bin men weren't on their way with a bin wagon to crush the cat? did she think that the cat could get from the bottom of the depths of the bin, all the way up the smooth sides(!) to the lid, and open it from the inside?

What about the possibility that the cat could have starved to death in the bin, if it wasn't the families' own bin, and the bin owners were away on holiday?

No, it's not at all amusing:- it isn't a "jape", it's unnecessarily cruel and cruelly unnecessary.

I don't advocate her being hanged and flogged, but she certainly warrants a prosecution for cruelty. I can't believe her relative describes her as being a cat-lover, when she is capable of an act of such cruelty.

could`nt agree more.

I don't think Shoesme is just having a dig at this thread Moon... It is absolutely mental how much publicity/outrage this is getting.

Everywhere I look... Facebook, all the news websites, it's all over the front page. Plus it's on the radio, and other people in my office are all on about it.

I've never seen anything like it!

I know the irony was not lost on me, but I really can't see the point in the comparison and the comment added absolutely nothing to the thread, plus I am getting fed up of people trying to wind up the group.

I agree with your other comments 100% I doubt that the woman will ever live her actions down now.

Archived