Is it time to ban first cousin marriage

should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?

It's so wrong, those children wouldn't be the way they are if their parents weren't so stupid!

That Pakistani woman had 4 children which were all disabled in some way or another. Did she not think after having the first that a 2nd child could turn out the same? Selfish! Giving them children that way of life because they are to bloody ignorant to see the risks.

We are also paying for them 4 children to be cared for and have hospital treatment because of their parents.

Don't get me wrong I think disabled people should be treated but when they could have prevented it then it is wrong.

You know what just have 10 more disabled children so they can marry their cousins and can carry on reproducing more disabled children!

There needs to be a ban now. It's absolutely ridiculous!

It's so wrong, those children wouldn't be the way they are if their parents weren't so stupid!

That Pakistani woman had 4 children which were all disabled in some way or another. Did she not think after having the first that a 2nd child could turn out the same? Selfish! Giving them children that way of life because they are to bloody ignorant to see the risks.

We are also paying for them 4 children to be cared for and have hospital treatment because of their parents.

Don't get me wrong I think disabled people should be treated but when they could have prevented it then it is wrong.

You know what just have 10 more disabled children so they can marry their cousins and can carry on reproducing more disabled children!

Do we ban women over 35 from having children for the same reasons? They are at similar levels of risk of having a child with a disability?

..do you believe women over 35 should also be banned from having children?

EDIT: mike84 beat me to it

..do you believe women over 35 should also be banned from having children?

Like I said PROOF?

Are you Mike's parrot? :)

So do you agree with the pain and suffering that them children go through? Because their parents are obviously very selfish.

Show me proof?

We are talking about blood relations, not age.

..age is a determinant factor on the probability of having a health baby.

If your concern is for healthy babies, then if you want to ban 1st cousin marriages, you should also be advocating a ban on older women having children.

So do you agree with the pain and suffering that them children go through? Because their parents are obviously very selfish.

Personally I don't, but it's a social argument-not a legislative one, in my opinion.

Pregnancy After Age 35, Does the Risk Birth Defects Increase?

The risk of giving birth to a child with a birth defect does increase as the mother's age increases. This is probably due to abnormal division of the egg, called nondisjunction. This leads to unequal chromosomes at the end of division. The traditional age at which a woman is considered to be at high risk for chromosomal abnormalities is 35. Approximately 1 in 1,400 babies born from women in their 20's have Down syndrome; it increases to about 1 in 100 babies born with Down syndrome from women in their 40s.

http://women.webmd.com/pregnancy-after-35

So it's not 25% like it is with 1st cousin marriages?????

1% of babies born by a woman over 35 years old have down syndrome.

Abit of a different don't you think? You said they were simular. I think you needed to pay more attention in maths class.

So it's not 25% like it is with 1st cousin marriages?????

1% of babies born by a woman over 35 years old have down syndrome.

Abit of a different don't you think? You said they were simular. I think you needed to pay more attention in maths class.

You're confusing probability with outcomes.

Archived