Is it time to ban first cousin marriage

should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?

Mod Note

We seem to have drifted off the titular topic of this thread which is

Is it time to ban first cousin marriage
if you wish to discuss something other than this then please do so in another thread.

However if you wish to discuss the topic please carry on

that still doesn't explain why Adam was lonely and why god felt he had to create another specific woman (there were loads around that Adam could have got off with) and give her a name ?

Yes, Adam was lonely and he decided to get married, (back on topic :) ) and Eve became his wife, his helpmate, bound to him (bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh), one flesh.

It denotes unity just as "to have and to hold" denotes possession.

I'm not a flipping professor you know. :(

If people are OK with abortion for medical reasons then why not try again under medical supervision?
So why shouldn't first cousins be supervised on medical grounds?

Edit: That doesn't make much sense.

What I mean is:- Why shouldn't first cousins try under medical supervision?

So why shouldn't first cousins be supervised on medical grounds?

Edit: That doesn't make much sense.

What I mean is:- Why shouldn't first cousins try under medical supervision?

Each to their own, its their choice.

Does Islam allow abortion?

Why marry your cousin and maybe cause problems for yourself, and perhaps worse, cause problems for future generations who don't know about the inbreeding and end up with a genetic defect that affects your descendants?

You aren't doing them any favours are you?

Each to their own, its their choice.

Does Islam allow abortion?

I don't know.

Posted by Graham

Why marry your cousin and maybe cause problems for yourself, and perhaps worse, cause problems for future generations who don't know about the inbreeding?

In what way would marrying our cousin be causing problems for ourselves?.

I don't know.

In what way would marrying our cousin be causing problems for ourselves?.

Have you tried caring for a disabled or handicapped person? I haven't personally but I have worked in enough day centres to understand some of the problems. Carers deserve a medal.

Have you tried caring for a disabled or handicapped person? I haven't personally but I have worked in enough day centres to understand some of the problems. Carers deserve a medal.

We all have our burdens to carry Graham, but why should we(as a society) discriminate against disability resulting from first cousins marrying?

If you personally consider it morally unacceptable for first cousins to marry, then you're entitled to that opinion, why not just say so. Otherwise, I fail to see what you find wrong with it.

Archived