Is it time to ban first cousin marriage

should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?

That's fine, but I'm not clear whether you're supporting a ban on first cousin marriages or just advising caution? If the latter then I'm in agreement with you.

By the way, I'll not blur the issue by talking about the rights of B&B owners and who they can legitimately refuse to accommodate ;)

I don't care whether you are behind me or not quite frankly.

Mod Note

Just because I've posted in this thread in a non moderator capacity, doesn't mean you can start taking personal digs at each other, so I suggest you stop now

If you have any queries, comments or complaints regarding this warning they should be directed to the Helpdesk

And?........... :|

Its everyones human right to discriminate. Why should everybody have to accept everything?

YOU don't have to accept everything. YOU don't have to accept anything.

YOU have the freedom to decide to do or say what ever YOU want. I haven't disputed that.

Discrimination is there for YOU to abuse... if you wish. Providing YOU are prepared to suffer the consequences.

The state interferes though, with all the equalities bills and Human rights legislation and so on. All this needs to be done away with.

If a person doesn't want pakistanis or gay people in his B&B, then he should have the right to turn them away; the cosequences for this will be a loss of revenue from these groups as they will go elsewhere, and he will probably get bad publicity from some quarters, but thats the B&B owners prerogative.

It isn't the B&B owners prerogative... don't be silly.

It is in actuality, the standard to which society allows certain B&B owners to discriminate, based on their personal bigoted views.

Getting back on topic, the doctors at my place are desperately weary of having to deal with the massive influx of children with consanguineous birth related issues.

It's really a huge problem in the uk.

And yes, you don't have to look far to see the vast number of problems inbreeding causes

Same with pedigree pets.

It isn't the B&B owners prerogative... don't be silly.

It is in actuality, the standard to which society allows certain B&B owners to discriminate, based on their personal bigoted views.

So you clearly want to live in a Nanny State where people must do what they are told (because it's "right")!

Whatever happened to personal freedom?

Oh, that's right, it was crushed in this insane PC world we are living in which has massive double standards.

Like an awful lot of posters on SF...

Archived