Is it time to ban first cousin marriage

should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?

What you mean like sperm donor kids or kids given up for adoption who grow up not knowing about their bloodline and then sometimes in later life marrying someone related to them?

what?:huh: i mean marrying and having kids / sex with a first cousin:huh:

I quite agree. Thought the interviewer handled him really well. He came across as just didn't want to know.

He did indeed, but hopefully will be shamed by his appearance on the programme to get to know and counsel his flock accordingly.

Whether you know your cousins or not, you are still blood-related. The fact that you may have never met them until such and such a time is irrelevant
Did I say that you weren't blood-related? I'm not rebutting that. I said it wasn't perverted and it wasn't incest, in answer to other posters who said it was, using the example that you might not even know them prior to, so it's not perverted and it's not illegal so it's not incest.

I don't think it should be banned.

As it stands, the risk of a defect between cousins, even brother and sister, in their youth, is smaller than non family members risk of defect when women have children later.

Waiting till your over 30 is riskier than having kids with your sibling at 20.

what?:huh: i mean marrying and having kids / sex with a first cousin:huh:

You don't remember the story of the couple who were seeing each other and found out they were brother and sister as they had been adopted when youngsters, it was on the news a while ago?

Read the link= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1282575/Couple-discover-siblings-Child-courts-blamed-strangers-fall-love-son--half-brother-sister.html

You don't remember the story of the couple who were seeing each other and found out they were brother and sister as they had been adopted when youngsters, it was on the news a while ago?

i see what you mean, that was an accident, this is custom.

Archived