Is it time to ban first cousin marriage

should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. should we a a nation ban first cousin marriage?

oh, so, now Pakistanis and other groups who intermarry closely are lower than gorillas, are they, grahame? (that's the only inference I can take from the last part of your comment.)_

I was passing on something the narrator said.

What you just said is disgusting and not only that but I take it as a personal attack on my integrity. The fact you put words like that into my mouth is an insult to me.

I was passing on something the narrator said.

What you just said is disgusting and not only that but I take it as a personal attack on my integrity. The fact you put words like that into my mouth is an insult to me.

it doesn't take a lot, at all, to insult you, does it, grahame?

you said

I have just been watching a nature program on BBC2, it is still on, and even the female gorillas change groups to avoid the problems we are talking about.

There is nothing in there to say that you are citing any narrator's words.

Let's hope not!

As a child, I once had the misfortune to witness a pedigree breeder drowning a newborn pup because it had 'imperfections' which didn't meet the required standard.

This makes no sense at all (in relation to my comment).

Exactly what are you arguing here?

I'm interested in your experiences, what kind of conditions, as a result of consanguineous unions have you encountered? I only saw half of the Dispatches documentary and I suspect that it gave a rather alarmist and distorted view of the problem.

I'm not prepared to post openly on the subject as people here are too quick to jump to the attack.

But I will send you a PM on the subject :)

This makes no sense at all (in relation to my comment).

Exactly what are you arguing here?

You implied that the answer to the op question was obvious.. you added-
"same for animals".

[/b]
This thread IS about banning first cousin marriage...

I think it's obvious.

Same for animals.

Once I'd eliminated the possibility that you was suggesting that animals willingly enter the institution of marriage, I could only assume that when you said -"same for animals", you was referring to either their natural mating ritual, or the selective breeding process that we(humans)are responsible for.

As you rightly said- "This thread IS about banning first cousin marriage..."

Therefore, selective breeding is the only fitting option I'm left with, as our reason for doing it is the same reason we want first cousin marriage banned... 'selective breeding to minimize genetic abnormalities'.

Let's hope not!

As a child, I once had the misfortune to witness a pedigree breeder drowning a newborn pup because it had 'imperfections' which didn't meet the required standard.

Originally Posted by Grahame viewpost.gif

I have just been watching a nature program on BBC2, it is still on, and even the female gorillas change groups to avoid the problems we are talking about

oh, so, now Pakistanis and other groups who intermarry closely are lower than gorillas, are they, grahame? (that's the only inference I can take from the last part of your comment.)_
from what i understand of grahame s post is simple even an animal can understand that to avoid problems with their offspring things need to change :thumbsup:the only one refering this to pakistani s and other groups is you :huh: i wonder why :hihi:

Archived