Veterans against justice?

Their actions caused the woman to flee before she was sentenced. How is that supporting justice exactly?

Woould you have supported them if they'd physically assaulted her?

she was in court, then she bolted, she ran incase they locked her up. not due to a group of oap's clapping. she swore at them.

Well, having looked at the video, I'd concede that point. I'd be interested to know if Barbara Ellen had seen that video before she wrote the article.

wow, you concede. your not all bad are you. thanks.

barbara ellen let herself down on this one,

A group of veterans surrounded, slow handclapped and berated a woman, calling her disgusting as she entered court to be sentenced for urinating on a war memorial (and publically committing a sex act on a nearby bench).

Perhaps unsurprisingly the woman concerned found it unbearable and ran off - so much for justice. As the author of the piece notes, surely it would have been much more appropriate for these guys to make their feelings known by keeping a dignified silence?

The woman concerned had already publically apologised and was due to be sentenced - I agree with Barbara Ellen - they bear some responsibilty for the fact that Miss Lewis ran away rather than receive justice. Let's hope that if/when she returns to the court they'll either not turn up or be kept in good order by the police.

Barbara Ellen's comment here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/aug/22/top-gear-jude-law-sienna-miller

What do you think?

(N.B. Mods - can you please add a questionmark to the thread title? Thankyou.

I think you're talking utter garbage.

What about what they have done, demonstrates they are against justice? They were not stopping the woman getting into court. They do not bear any responsibility for her not going into court.

Is it illegal to stand outside a court and slow hand clap a person? No. It is not.

So why are you against people doing something that is not illegal?

"So much for justice" - I agree, the police should have dragged her in.

"surely it would have been much more appropriate for these guys to make their feelings known by keeping a dignified silence?" - I think they were very dignified, unlike the woman who could not even bring herself to pass a couple of non-threatening pensioners.

"Let's hope that if/when she returns to the court they'll either not turn up or be kept in good order by the police." - Why? They not breaking the law. The police can't do anything because they're not breaking the law.

I think you're talking utter garbage.

What about what they have done, demonstrates they are against justice? They were not stopping the woman getting into court. They do not bear any responsibility for her not going into court.

Is it illegal to stand outside a court and slow hand clap a person? No. It is not.

So why are you against people doing something that is not illegal?

"So much for justice" - I agree, the police should have dragged her in.

"surely it would have been much more appropriate for these guys to make their feelings known by keeping a dignified silence?" - I think they were very dignified, unlike the woman who could not even bring herself to pass a couple of non-threatening pensioners.

"Let's hope that if/when she returns to the court they'll either not turn up or be kept in good order by the police." - Why? They not breaking the law. The police can't do anything because they're not breaking the law.

I'm guessing you missed the post where I admitted that I'd cocked up?

Yeah link please Halibut....which act of parliament is slow hand clapping a breach of the law. I think you may be talking about morals & seeing the woman who pees on war memorials & commits sex acts in public has none....well tough! If you have no morals don't expect others to have any...that's just two faced!

Yeah link please Halibut....which act of parliament is slow hand clapping a breach of the law. I think you may be talking about morals & seeing the woman who pees on war memorials & commits sex acts in public has none....well tough! If you have no morals don't expect others to have any...that's just two faced!

I guess you missed the bit where I'd admitted I cocked up too?

Well, there you go - hands up, I made a bit of a fool of myself there and shouldn't have talen the article at face value. C'est la vie.
Halibut pwnd! :) Elementary mistake there, old son. Never believe what you read in the papers, just because it appears to jibe with your own prejudices. Not even in the Grauniad ...

You'd think they'd a least check their facts before going to print with ill informed comment, and misleading their readers. Especially when supporting what most people would regard as a drain on society against our 'veterans'.

Archived