My car is overheating

My car is a peugeot 406,its started to overheat,i put on the heater which is blowing cold,i topped car up with water last night and its still overheating even on a short distance,thinks it could be thermostat needs replacing,im at work and wonder if anyone does mobile repairs and would it be expensive to replace ??

If its losing water you've got a leak somewhere. If you can see any obviously leak it could be something more sinister such as the head gasket. Vet a garage to have a look at it and pressure test it.

Don't use it until it's been looked at. You could cause more damage.

Theres no warning lights on and i had it done a while ago,full service ect,its not losing water as such i havent seen any when its stood.It was just topped up with about a pint and a half last night cant remember the last time it was filled.its running fine apart from overheating and heater not working blowing cold,normally its about 5 mins and cars warm so just suspected it could be thermostat not anything sinister but then im a novice when it comes to engines ect

Archived