What do people on here really think about Facebook??

Why the knee jerk reaction against Facebook? All you have to do is use your common sense and don't put anything on there that might compromise your security and safety. It's not like you have to give the site your home address and bank details, is it?

Used properly it's a great way to keep in touch with old friends and co-workers, and receive invites to event you might not find out about otherwise?

Bit like the filofax. More friends, connections, events, invites etc. Never been or felt that important tbh, I tend to ring or mail the few friends I have. I put face book with BB in my popular book. Oops, I meant filofax.

Ok yah!

If you actually do have a keylogger on your system changing your password won't really help, as it will simply log your new password.

I assume the security that told you was your antivirus or anti-malware program?

Ive got a security set up from my bank, called Rapport, i did ring them to find out if it was cosha before installing it and i was assured it was, it monitors every site i go on then tells me any "events" ive only been told about FB and they've dealt with it..(my bank)...:)

I find Facebook a good way to interact with people whom I may not interact with otherwise. I also use it to advertise, have a laugh and help ward of boredom.

If used sensibly it should be just a bit of fun, I do find it quite strange how passionate some people are with their dislike toward it.

Only scare I had is when I split up with the ex and she knew my password and was logging in to see who I'd been chatting too etc. That problem was quickly sorted though.

I find Facebook a good way to interact with people whom I may not interact with otherwise. I also use it to advertise, have a laugh and help ward of boredom.

If used sensibly it should be just a bit of fun, I do find it quite strange how passionate some people are with their dislike toward it.

Only scare I had is when I split up with the ex and she knew my password and was logging in to see who I'd been chatting too etc. That problem was quickly sorted though.

Yes i do enjoy going on,...and im not "passionate" in my dislike for it...its just that FB is the only site that my security has mentioned every time...as for knee jerk reaction, maybe right..:) but out of all the sites i go on just FB's been mentioned??....it can be good fun, and its like anything else it can be boring, ive met friends i lost touch with and been to see them recently, but when you dont know too much about something it can get a bit scary!..:)

Say what you will about facebook, I find it very useful for keeping in touch with my friends and I enjoy playing some of the games on there.

I also find it very useful. I can let friends know where we are likely to be going just in case someone wants to tag along.

There are things you might not want to share. That's cool, because you don't have to share them.

By the way. If I received a mail telling me I was being key logged I would assume it was spam from someone selling bogus anti key logging software. It usually is.

I think its best to keep a certain distance from everyone online. I have a fake birthday and no details in my profile-no phone numbers/addresses/marital status etc.

Also do not say when you are off on holiday on social networking sites and avoid downloading the free applications as these are only allowed if you give the random people that make them access to your information.

Sticking to this I think Im safe enough (along with spyware and virus protection etc).

what does annoy me is that other people can tag me on photos. I think this should be stopped. Noone can see my photos from my profile but from my friends profiles there are 100s of pics of me around.

I'm even more detached than you. I have a profile (specifically to be able to interact with a friend who is having a hard time and post nice comments on her photos of the children, just to cheer her up) but it's in a totally random name and has manufactured information for all of the mandatory information boxes.

It has nothing at all in all the optional boxes and a pretty photo of someone else's cat as my image. I have only one friend on FB (the aforementioned friend) and she knows my alter ego name.

Other than this, even if you were to know my chosen name you couldn't search for me or add me as a friend.

I think I give enough away about my life by living online on SF. I don't think that it would be sensible to give real life information away on FB too.

Facebook should be monitored like SF is - the latest scandal involving paedophiles proves that the 'safeguards' that they say are in place to prevent such people posting pictures of children being violated just aren't working.

Personally, I really don't understand why anyone would want to publicise to the world any personal activities or details.

A colleague who has been on long term sick has been seen, by the bosses, posting photographs of a recent boozey night out! Action will be taken ! Why do people do this? Anyone enlighten me?

Exhibitionism or just stupidity?:confused:

Archived