Rock pubs and clubs in sheffield

jooelz

Originally posted by jooelz

i'm an old rocker who remembers places like rebels,the mailcoach and the wap. if anyone used to go into those places and knows of anywhere like like that now, can you let me know!!!

Not much in Sheffield nowadays.

ClassicRock off here DJ's at the Moorfoot Tavern on Saturdays which i would say is more to your taste...classic rock?

Nelson on the Moor is quite good on a saturday, more for the younger crowd though down stairs again its more classic rock. Are you interested in nightclubs? Then there is the corp which has a classic rock room. Plus a goth room and more modern and rockier upstairs.

Dove & Rainbow (i think) is more alternative for punks and alternative.

Maybe best to contact GoldenFleece on here, he seems to know his stuff.

i think i'll stick wi the ppl i know - like shez and buffy who play the best music i've heard in a long time - or since mark, les and ken!!!!!. Shows the rock chics can do the stuff as well!!!!!. anyone remember the SEX KITTENS who used to dj at the yorkshireman for a bit!!!!!. Sandie and Annette?. i like all types of rock but industrial,gothic and glam (80's) still remains my favourite. THANX 2 THE DJ'S WHO ARE KEEPING METAL ALIVE IN SHEFFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::thumbsup::D;):hihi:

I cant really add much to what has been said above....except MONDAY nights is BEDROCK at the BEDROOM bar on West street which is fairly cool.......

The Corporation is the ONLY rock club, although some people may like CASBAH on Saturday nights except it gets a bit "townie" and its a very varied mix of music from classic rock to a lot of 80's mainstream 'alternative' music....

we do need much more in this town though......NOT NEARLY ENOUGH

Archived