Fuel additives - how do they work?

I had a problem with my car a while ago, it started to judder when I was at high speeds. I took it to the garage and they gave me a bottle of Forte Diesel Treatment, I poured it into the fuel tank after filling up and hey presto, no more probs.

This Forte stuff claims to do many things to improve engine efficiency including:

'Prevent fuel system corrosion and control fuel oxidation Lubricate and extend the life of injectors and fuel pumps Restore injector spray patterns Reduce valve and combustion chamber deposits and maintain EGR valve cleanliness.'

What I don't understand is where do these 'deposits' go after the fuel additive has done it's stuff or is it a case of moving them from one place to another which may cause a problem at a later date.Anyone know?

Straight out the exhaust pipe!

End of day, diesel is a dirty fuel & gums up the engine, hence why they can be run on chip shop fat (veg oil)/ biofuel / anything compressable.

This stuff just liquifies the gum & it gets burnt.

Main culprits are clogged injectors or sticky valves.

Straight out the exhaust pipe!

End of day, diesel is a dirty fuel & gums up the engine, hence why they can be run on chip shop fat (veg oil)/ biofuel / anything compressable.

This stuff just liquifies the gum & it gets burnt.

Main culprits are clogged injectors or sticky valves.

So a medicine with no side effects! It certainly worked a treat.

Ta for response.

So a medicine with no side effects! It certainly worked a treat.

Ta for response.

Well i don't know about NO side effects as the exhaust fumes usually 'spool' the turbo on their way out.....shall we say they are minimal. All combustion causes wear through friction somewhere.

Archived