Come on Winter!

Let's be honest, a) the snow is generally slush, not crisp. b) holiday snaps suck compared to the real thing, especially when your looking at them back in Britain and c) log fires only exist in country pubs for most people.

Tell you what's the highlight of the year, my summer holiday. Nothing like the hot sun on your skin and a glass of cold wine in your hand!

No over-romanticised winter scene beats it! ;)

I agree entirely. I love the summer. The warm sun improves my mood no end and the long days are a real blessing. My occupation also means that I get to slow down in July and stop for August, that has to be a good thing.

I do love the autumn too. I like the colours and the changeable weather. I also love collecting and eating all kinds of fungi. Well, not all kinds, because that would be daft, but you know what I mean.

I hate winter though. Someone should take a rubber to the calendar and erase December and January completely. Dank, dark and miserable, with bloody Christmas in the middle. What is there to like about that?

I always love the BBQs in the summer sun (the bit that we get!) but I think I really do prefer winter.....not the wet autumn but the frosty crisp air and dark nights.

There is nothing like getting the fire on, having a lovely soak in a hot bubble bath by candlelight - when lo permits - and then cosying up in front of the tv in warm pjs, slippers and dressing gown enjoying a glass of red or a malted milk :)

Am I getting old??? :hihi:

ohhh lauren that sounds great, can i join u?:hihi:

Let's be honest, a) the snow is generally slush, not crisp. b) holiday snaps suck compared to the real thing, especially when your looking at them back in Britain and c) log fires only exist in country pubs for most people.

Tell you what's the highlight of the year, my summer holiday. Nothing like the hot sun on your skin and a glass of cold wine in your hand!

No over-romanticised winter scene beats it! ;)

The risk of skin cancer, sweaty nights trying to get to sleep, blinding sun first thing in a morning. naaaa, give me winter over that.

If anything the summer makes you feel more happy/positive. Being around in the miserable months Oct - Mar, doesnt exactly make you want to walk your dog, play a sport or even go out for a picnic. And Why on earth do we have to change the clocks?! These darks Nights and mornings are stupid!

I think all the seasons hold a special magic!! The spring bulbs bursting into life, the tree coming into leaf, the summer bedding with all its bright colours, the glory of autumn colours, the garden covered in a crisp frost in the winter. I admit, winter does have a downside, but at least you get a good nights sleep, instead of being to hot to sleep in the summer. I think seasons are what makes this country!

I hate winter, it depresses me..

Its dark for most of the day, wet and freezing cold all the time..

My Raynaud's is starting up already and its only mildly chilly outside..

I wish I could go into hibernation during the winter..:(

Archived