Pubs in Sheffield City Centre 1970's

• 1 month later...

Before the MERRY ENGLAND opened that room used to be a snooker hall come out of the front door turn right up the hill past ALFREDO'S hairdressers built into the MUCKY DUCK turn right up a few steps through revolving doors turn right and there was a small lounge bar down a few stairs back to the top of the stairs turn right you were in a medium size room bar on the left hand side go straight forward through the double doors you are now in the concert room where you was greeted by TERRY STEEPLES (manager & compare ) depending on day or night visit plus what day of the week it was the BLACK SWAN ( MUCKY DUCK )was the place to be strippers with MIGHTY MELVIN ( Melvin Shakespeare ) dancing & camping around talent contests but best of all some of the best acts in the country performing live TOP BANDS & comedians ho HAPPY DAYS almost forgot Mexican SLIM the doorman at the revolving doors he lived near the top of Myrtle rd also worked at the Locarno on London rd anybody remember what happened to Terry,Slim & Melvin some feed back would be nice :help: .

Mulberry tavern, I used to work next door at Walsh's so it was a bit too handy! One of the lads from Walsh's went to run it for a while - Brian Titterton(?) anybody any idea what happened to him? Also while on the subject there was a busy little corner pub on a back street behind PCL at the bottom of Arundel gate, anybody remember its name and does it still exist?

I remember frequenting the Claymore, Dove & rainbow, Golden Ball, Blue Ball,Buchaneer, Stonehouse & at bottom of moor -the Whetstone. Good times were the 70's !

I remember all these pubs along with Cannon, pig n whistle, crazy daisy,limit,Aufen Braur (cant spell it), Josephines and of course the best of all night clubs Steeleys :hihi:

I remember frequenting the Claymore, Dove & rainbow, Golden Ball, Blue Ball,Buchaneer, Stonehouse & at bottom of moor -the Whetstone. Good times were the 70's !

I remember all these pubs along with Cannon, pig n whistle, crazy daisy,limit,Aufen Braur (cant spell it), Josephines and of course the best of all night clubs Steeleys :hihi:

As I went in all of those places except Josies I may have met you both but have never spoken to you.

I worked behind the bar the night the Mulberry opened November 6th 1976, same night as Josephines opened.

Bomber Graham worked there later, great times. Mick Lee was the Manager.

Mulberry tavern, I used to work next door at Walsh's so it was a bit too handy! One of the lads from Walsh's went to run it for a while - Brian Titterton(?) anybody any idea what happened to him? Also while on the subject there was a busy little corner pub on a back street behind PCL at the bottom of Arundel gate, anybody remember its name and does it still exist?

I worked behind the bar the night the Mulberry opened November 6th 1976, same night as Josephines opened.

Bomber Graham worked there later, great times. Mick Lee was the Manager.

How far down is the PCL? The only ones I can think of down the Moor is the Pump Tavern? I used to go in the Mulberry 1978 onwards and run accross the road and climb over the barriers in a tight skirt and winkle pickers to go the Claymore and then on to Steelys - happy days :hihi: