St Catherine's RC School, Andover Street

Mrs Dignam lived a couple of roads away (remember all the back to backs). On a Friday afternoon my older brothers would go swimming at Sutherland Road baths and they were supposed to come back for me to take me home but they usually forgot. I would go to Mrs Dignam's home with her and wait for my dad to come. I didn't mind that much because she had a telly and I could watch Rintintin.

I loved my time at St. Caths and knew all the teachers mentioned. Mrs Garrity was the head of the infants.

Yes, I remember Mrs Dignam with great affection. The things she had to clean up! That lady was a star! The name Mrs Garrity rings a bell but, for some reason, I thought Mrs Smith was head of the infants?

Miss Smith was the teacher of Infants II in my day. I particularly remember Miss Garrity because one day when everyone had gone and I was left behind again, she said I had beautiful curly hair and when I grew up I would be glad of the curls. I was busy crying at the time and said I hated curly hair. A five year old's memory!

• 8 months later...
When to St Cath's 1962 to 1968 and remember most of the teachers you have mention. Also when onto St Peter's

Hi my name is Sandra Spencer I went to st cathrines in 1964 with my brother Danny Spencer who has since passed away, I remember it with very fond memories, we lived in the new massionettes across the road on monfort drive bottom floor right across from the school and chip shop HAPPY DAYS.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi rabitter you might remember my sister, Pat Wood she was in your class. she was a friend of Linda Ford & Florence Hayward, I was in the same class as Pat Hayward. Started there in 1945. Remember my first teachers Miss Smith, Miss Beaumont, Miss Connelly and my favourite Miss O' Hara.

My mom went there! Anyone remember Marie Corker?

My mom went there! Anyone remember Marie Corker?

Hi there it's sandys Im not sure if I remember your sister I was in miss travis's class she was great wish I had some photo's of the kids in the same class as me at the time.

• 6 months later...
Hi my name is Sandra Spencer I went to st cathrines in 1964 with my brother Danny Spencer who has since passed away, I remember it with very fond memories, we lived in the new massionettes across the road on monfort drive bottom floor right across from the school and chip shop HAPPY DAYS.

Those maisonettes you mention are in the background of a photo of St Catherine's in PictureSheffield of children supposedly playing in the playground. Anyone can see it wasn't our playground - it was where they kept the bins but the kids found it to be a great playground, as kids usually do!

hi all i went to st caths from around 1955-1960 failed my 11plus and went to st peters the only person i remember from st caths was clive morris big black guy we ended up best mates after having a set too(fight) still see him around now and then we used to hide in the tunnel at the side of the infants block i used to fetch the chips for the nuns on friday and used to get a bag of scraps for myself happy days mick griffin

I went to st cath's from 56 or around that time remember all the teachers sandra old. eileen flyn.veronica berrent.John wragg. there was a haywood. but can not remember thier first name.walking up the road to have school dinners, and having to eat every thing including fat and grisle, because there were baby's starving. then went onto st peters.