Shrooming Season

Both Death Caps and Blushers are a species of Amanita if i remember rightly.

It's not even necessarily about ingestion for me, I just find the whole idea of mycology so interesting, and it's history's so robust and ties nicely with other topics of discussion but I think it's one of those topics where there will always be more to learn; however saying that I suppose it's the element of mystery and the possibility of discovery which makes it all the more enchanting.. i'm probably speaking for myself here lol.

Found some nice blushers and death caps a couple of weeks ago. Just need to decide who to invite to supper next week.

Loxley Common is great for both edibles and deadlies, separate baskets needed.

I'll be round for tea then:)

Do you mind if I bring the cep and chanterelles that I picked this morning, or are you wary about that sort of thing?

I've been retired from this particular field of agricultural endeavour for some time, but I can confirm that yes, this is the time when the 'first flush of the mush' should be coming out - late August/early September.

the conditions you are looking for are warm, and wet. A warmish spell like we have had, even though its been largely overcast, 20+ degree daytime temperatures, and a bit of rain on top, are ideal.

happy hunting. They grow in little clusters, and be careful to pick the right ones. Some croppers say that eating just a very few of them while you're cropping, no more than about 5, not enough to disorient yourself, means you are better able to spot them, on the 'like attracts like' principle.

Archived