Law Brothers Tours

mh01

can anyone find out where the best of law brothers coaches went after they sold up or know of who bought any of the coaches?

The guy to ask would be Steve Wilson, owner of SheffTax

His dad and uncle owned Law Bros (Doug and ? Wilson)

• 5 weeks later...

A neighbour hired Law Bros coaches for local day trips after the war. They were Bedford OB's which had lovely whining gears. The livery was grey and grass green. In later years, early 1960's, we still hired them for day trips and I remember we always asked for driver Bill Cheadle. The office was situated inside the pub at Wadsley ( Waggon and Horses ? I forget)

• 2 weeks later...
I understand all the coaches were sold at auction. According to George Wilson the cost of running them became prohibitive. George still has the model coach that used to be in the window at the Travel agency on Penistone Rd.

Regarding the model coach used for advertising. C. G. Littlewood also had a similar model in their office window on Spital Hill and S.U.T had a model which was displayed in their offices and agents such as Dean & Dawson on Fargate.

The guy to ask would be Steve Wilson, owner of SheffTax

His dad and uncle owned Law Bros (Doug and ? Wilson)

hi bush, my dad worked for law bros for nearly 20 years, it was owned by george and duggie wilson and george's son john, my dad was there until the end when they was made redundant,,the actual owner was "old man wilson" who lived at the back od the steel city c.b shop..he had chickens and my grandad woeked there for many years on the farm. if the old man was still alive law bros coaches would be still there now but as soon as he died they sold the buses and leased the land to lucas auto centre,,i would love a pic of law bros garage back in the days but cant seem to get one anywhere

i still now remember my dads reg of his coach with the great orange stripe TTS 885S, i remember when the golden master( big double decker with all mod cons) came to the garage my dad was offered to drive it and have it as his bus but refused it as loved his bus so ray clarke (r.i.p ray) had it

Hey Rich, i always remember your dads coach being parked up on bottom of mansel, i fetched ours home the other day & got reported to police, how times change & you would think people would have better things to do with there time :loopy::rant:

yeah it was always there when he was not on tour. it was great going down to the garage in the school hols but george and duggie was not too happy about it. we got some good cash cleaning coaches,,there was some great drivers down there, he had the bus broke into a few times at mansel but got nowt, he put it on the zig zag lines just up outside the gate of the middle school as was well lit up there as outside our house was too close to the junction of chaucer,,,good times

i still now remember my dads reg of his coach with the great orange stripe TTS 885S, i remember when the golden master( big double decker with all mod cons) came to the garage my dad was offered to drive it and have it as his bus but refused it as loved his bus so ray clarke (r.i.p ray) had it

The company I worked for bought a Duple Dominant Leopard from George. It was cream with the orange stripe and immaculate inside and out. Cant remember the registration but think it had 16P in it. George was a really nice bloke.

Archived