Law Brothers Tours

mh01

i went on flikr and it was great,,i got some info about my dads bus thanks to hornet919, the bus TTS885S was originally from scotland under tates but on hire to wallace arnold,,there is the 2 other sister buses on the pics from tates,,TTS884S ans TTS886S was together so i guess that the law bros but 885 was bought from scotland,, when law bros finished but i thought it may have gone to scotland through wallace arnold,,interesting or what

i had a chat with my dad. "old man wilson" was called george,,his sons george and duggie did not get on due to family problems. i know georges son was john and steve is duggies son who ownes shefftax. i got it wrong it was george who was the misery guts and duggie was ok but the drivers did not get on with john very well as the boss's son he thought he could tell the drivers what to do even though he was only a driver

i had a chat with my dad. "old man wilson" was called george,,his sons george and duggie did not get on due to family problems. i know georges son was john and steve is duggies son who ownes shefftax. i got it wrong it was george who was the misery guts and duggie was ok but the drivers did not get on with john very well as the boss's son he thought he could tell the drivers what to do even though he was only a driver

Wrong father son combination. Steve from Shefftax is George's son and George definitley wasn't misery guts, one of nicest blokes you could meet and he'd do owt for you.

Wrong father son combination. Steve from Shefftax is George's son and George definitley wasn't misery guts, one of nicest blokes you could meet and he'd do owt for you.

i deffo will double check on that,,my dad who worked at laws said that george's son was john and steve was duggies son,

just by chance do you remember what georges car was he used to drive???? not forgetting they was millionaires

Richard, Hornet was right. John is Doug,s son and Steve is George,s son. George is now 94 and unable to drive anymore. Steve drives him about. He is the one with the cars and drives a lovely Mercedes S600 V12 Twin turbo. I keep in touch. The coach drivers I remember were Bill Cheadle and Bob Whittaker. John Bamforth was a mechanic

Richard, Hornet was right. John is Doug,s son and Steve is George,s son. George is now 94 and unable to drive anymore. Steve drives him about. He is the one with the cars and drives a lovely Mercedes S600 V12 Twin turbo. I keep in touch. The coach drivers I remember were Bill Cheadle and Bob Whittaker. John Bamforth was a mechanic

i want to appoligise to hornet, i deffo got wrong info,, i remember bob whittaker (aka non non) ,,he is still at burdettes since laws close,, brian allen owns a pub in sheffield. roy haywood who now is a driver/mechanic, bob hibble in the body shop, geoff pollard the mechanic,brian potter, (no relation to brian potter off phoenix nights with peter kay) shelia briggs the coach cleaner and the three that have passed away, ray clarke, sid cutts and ernest brammal.

Thanks Richard, I,d forgotten Ernest Bramall. He was very smart. Also wonder what happened to Robert Hibble in the body repair shop. Vera ran the office and a young woman who married a part time driver who was a fireman. I think she still works at Monty,s Oughtibridge following a spell at the fire station. I think she was called May.

Archived