Law Brothers Tours

mh01

i want to appoligise to hornet, i deffo got wrong info,, i remember bob whittaker (aka non non) ,,he is still at burdettes since laws close,, brian allen owns a pub in sheffield. roy haywood who now is a driver/mechanic, bob hibble in the body shop, geoff pollard the mechanic,brian potter, (no relation to brian potter off phoenix nights with peter kay) shelia briggs the coach cleaner and the three that have passed away, ray clarke, sid cutts and ernest brammal.

i forgot a few other drivers one just came to me,geoff sylvester-there was another driver but forgot his name,,i will ask dad his name. he went out one morning doing school contracts,,he came back and parked up. a bit later a driver saw him slumped over his steering wheel,,a massive heart attack killed him instantly,,we all said if he was running late then the consquences would have been worse as could have been full of school kids

I remember Derek Sanderson who sold the cars (Dafs and Saabs) I think he has passed on now. Also we used to hire coaches from George Hobson. I wonder if he is still around.

oh god thanks for that bush,i remember derek and george,, i think hobson is still around but not sure about derek,,i will ask my dad and i will post on here asap

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Richard, I,d forgotten Ernest Bramall. He was very smart. Also wonder what happened to Robert Hibble in the body repair shop. Vera ran the office and a young woman who married a part time driver who was a fireman. I think she still works at Monty,s Oughtibridge following a spell at the fire station. I think she was called May.

I went to laws all the time but when i wanted a re-spray of my chopper or grifter bob made me rub it down with wet and dry in the body shop,,,he would spray my bikes up great but i would to know how bob is doing at moment,,

The company I worked for bought a Duple Dominant Leopard from George. It was cream with the orange stripe and immaculate inside and out. Cant remember the registration but think it had 16P in it. George was a really nice bloke.

the coach was MNA 16P ans had a sister bus MNA 15P

• 2 months later...

i have found 2 pics of x law bros coaches,,nwa 111k at wacton bromyard breakers and vyt 276g at norths scrapyard in sherburn in elmet,leeds. here are the links

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45894788@N08/4458899004/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45894788@N08/4286799258/

these are on flikr,,its a real sad sight to see them,,especially 276

• 2 months later...

Archived