Hardware innovations

Pakistan is known for a lot of things and most of them are worst case scenarios. However one of the areas it isn’t known for, is innovation in hardware. Thought it could be a decent read.

Alternate-Gear (a Pakistani entity) has created an Intel Atom-based 3G PC that has a 667mhz processor, 2 USB interfaces, a sim card slot, a 10.2” TFT LCD Touchscreen that has a resolution of 1024×600 and a high def camera. The cost is less than $500 per unit with more upgrades to come soon.

Full story

Pakistan is known for a lot of things and most of them are worst case scenarios. However one of the areas it isn’t known for, is innovation in hardware. Thought it could be a decent read.

Alternate-Gear (a Pakistani entity) has created an Intel Atom-based 3G PC that has a 667mhz processor, 2 USB interfaces, a sim card slot, a 10.2” TFT LCD Touchscreen that has a resolution of 1024×600 and a high def camera. The cost is less than $500 per unit with more upgrades to come soon.

Full story

What exactly is supposed to be innovative or in anyway noteworthy about that?

What exactly is supposed to be innovative or in anyway noteworthy about that?

The touchscreen and 3g is nice for the price. But I think I would still be buying a folding netbook like my aspire one... although looking for integrated 3g support would be good because I can't find a linux driver to enable my phone to be used as a dongle.

I dislike calling it a PC really, it says it is for a couple of specific purposes. And the claim that it replaces your laptop is a nonsense of course, with a 667mhz processor and one would assume very limited graphical abilities.

It is the same as other netbooks and they run videos fine

Archived