Where do i start??

hi i am starting to arrange my wedding for next year hopefully some time in june or august, i have some idea of what i need to organise for the wedding but i just dont know where to start, what do i need to do first? we havent got a very big budget for the wedding but thats ok because i dont really want a big princess style extravagant wedding any way, its just not me, although i do want it to be nice and pretty, i know i want to get married in a church but can u ask for another preacher to do the service if its not his church? and i also need a reception venue thats not just lovely but needs to fit my many guests and also allows us to bring in our own food aswell as have a buffet provided (we would like to bring our own carrabean food and have a regular buffet provided by the venue), im just in a muddle dont know were to start lol.

I'd say sort out your venues first, they are the biggest bits, and also can be expensive so you will have a good idea if you can afford them quickly.

Have a look at other people's posts on here about a reception venues, we got married at Bradfield Village hall earlier on this month, its out in the countryside with lovely views, we provided our own catering, but they have since got in house caterers, but sure ive seen similar places on here.

Good luck!

I agree ... VENUE is the most important thing. Then dress, beauty treatments and make up etc.

I know this might be the last thing you think of but if you wana look pretty on your big day I would advise you to start daily cleansing, toning and moisturising if you dont already do that. Your skin will glow on your day. I got this advice from my make up artist for my wedding and boy did i feel a difference. I felt so beautiful just by doing the above.

I would also recommend ZaraBeauty for your make up and beauty treatments and advice. Her prices are affordable and shes great at her job. She did mine and ever since, I've been promoting her to ppl.

Her website http://www.zara-beauty.co.uk

Call her on 07833571488

Good luck hun

I am also just beginning to plan a wedding for 2012 and the biggest issue is definitely the venue. I have a large family and we therefore need a venue to hold a minimum of 90 people which allows us a bit of freedom with catering and entertainment. This is proving quite difficult when we factor in the cost as well.

Definitely sort the venue first! That is what I'm trying to do. It is difficult not knowing who will turn up and I can't send out invitations yet to get an idea as it's far too early.

:| Good luck with your preparations. x

Archived