A sensible discussion about current drugs policy.

If is a little word with a big meaning, I will not agree to anything regarding supporting self harm ie drug abusers, the effects invariably go beyond the abuser especialy where family and children are involved.

So can anyone tell me where new users are going to get their legal drugs from, will they sell them in shops/supermarkets/an upsurge in oldtime DRUGSTORES.

Pretty rich coming from someone who went to the pub and probably consumed alcohol. Some drugs are ok are they?

Of course they shouldn't sell drugs in shops or supermarkets, the restrictions should be much tighter. You should have to go to a GP or clinic or somewhere else where your use can be monitored and controlled.

Heres a simple question for you.

Should alcohol stay legal when other less dangerous drugs remain illegal given the amount of social and personal harm alcohol does and the amount of deaths directly or indirectly related to it?

Please answer yes or no

Of course they shouldn't sell drugs in shops or supermarkets, the restrictions should be much tighter. You should have to go to a GP or clinic or somewhere else where your use can be monitored and controlled.

(My bold) Or how long is a piece of string.

So is this how would they get the drugs if they are controld :- "Please Doctor I want to become a drug/substance addict where do you recommend I start?"

Doctor :- "Well what do you want to do, do you want to fly, be a tree, get horny or just stupified?"

:hihi::loopy::hihi::loopy::hihi::loopy::hihi::loopy::hihi:

Addicts should not get any form of prority.

What would you do with them? Leave them to steal houses and mug people to fund their addictions? Lock them up in prison and spend thousands guarding an illegal trade of smuggling drugs into prison? They both sound like wonderful options.

So is this how would they get the drugs if they are controld :- "Please Doctor I want to become a drug/substance addict where do you recommend I start?"

Doctor :- "Well what do you want to do, do you want to fly, be a tree, get horny or just stupified?"

Howabout -

Customer - I'd like to buy 30 grams of cannabis please.

Shop assistant - Certainly sir, that'll be £X please.

Customer - Thankyou.

Shop assistant - Thankyou, enjoy your smoke.

Customer - Cheers.

What would you do with them? Leave them to steal houses and mug people to fund their addictions? Lock them up in prison and spend thousands guarding an illegal trade of smuggling drugs into prison? They both sound like wonderful options.
I'd certainly put them somewhere with trained sniffer dogs inspecting the visitors who would only have contact through glass partitions.

If is a little word with a big meaning, I will not agree to anything regarding supporting self harm ie drug abusers, the effects invariably go beyond the abuser especialy where family and children are involved.

So can anyone tell me where new users are going to get their legal drugs from, will they sell them in shops/supermarkets/an upsurge in oldtime DRUGSTORES.

Read the bold.....

As previously mentioned. You already are doing your bit to to support self harm ie drug abusere. You are doing it by doing NOTHING about it! Think about it for 1 minute!................................

By doing nothing, you are happy with the current policy. A policy that have been in place since the 1950's (i think). A ploicy that has failed dramitically! A policy that puts users in prison instead of helping them get off drugs.

By doing NOTHING, you are keeping the lives of people who are exploited to create the drugs, in mortal danger, just so they can feed their family!

I know you disagree with drug usage, but shurly you can see that the only way to reduce that dammage is by making them legal....... can't you?

Are you being serious??? :|

Surely a GP would only get involved in the same context on a drug user as someone who was a smoker. When they are trying to stop. Drugs would be sold in the same way that they are in places like amsterdam. A licenced premises, by someone who knows what they are talking about.

I bought some magic mushrooms in Amsterdam & the guy in the shop was really helpful. He told us what we should do if the trip got too intense & that eating fruit like bananas would help when coming down.

The reason people are addicts at the moment is because the drug is illegal.

And because it is illegal, it is easily obtained from drug pushers.

Drug pushers use devious tactics to get customers, offering freebies, spiking drinks, cigarettes, substituting drugs, so on and so forth.

Doctors won't have this incentive.

By legalising the drug, the current dealers can be outpriced by the nhs, possibly offering savings to the tax payer from nhs/police/court/prison costs.

Effectively extinguishing the drug pushers trade.

With not enough customers the dealers cannot operate, which means they are going to be less likely to get the next generation hooked on it, because they're is no profit.

The current addicts, less inclined to commit crime to fund their habits.

The Nhs cashing in on the estimated 4-6.6 billion (2004 figures) black market UK drugs trade.

Reducing the amount of future users, as proven with other countries and states in america (where these laws were treatied to us) decriminalising.

The police have more time to deal with more serious crimes, the prison spaces used up for the more serious offenders.

I honestly can't understand why anyone in the UK would want to defend these American acts/statutes, when the country that made them can pick and choose where in it's own realms those laws apply or not.

I bought some magic mushrooms in Amsterdam & the guy in the shop was really helpful. He told us what we should do if the trip got too intense & that eating fruit like bananas would help when coming down.

And of course he was going to be helpful kidding you on that all would be ok, and you believed him how sad. he's hardly going to turn customers away with dire warnings is he.

The reason people are addicts at the moment is because the drug is illegal.

And because it is illegal, it is easily obtained from drug pushers.

Drug pushers use devious tactics to get customers, offering freebies, spiking drinks, cigarettes, substituting drugs, so on and so forth.

Doctors won't have this incentive.

By legalising the drug, the current dealers can be outpriced by the nhs, .

So what reason do you go to a doctor and say I want to start taking heroin etc?

Archived