A sensible discussion about current drugs policy.

So what reason do you go to a doctor and say I want to start taking heroin etc?

Well exactly; you probably wouldn't unless you were an addict. If you wanted to have a bit of opium for a party or something you'd just buy it at the chemist or the drug deli or wherever.

I'd certainly put them somewhere with trained sniffer dogs inspecting the visitors who would only have contact through glass partitions.

Thus increasing costs dramatically, reducing funding for all those "other" treatments for NHS patients, or for the protection of children that you continue to harp on about ;) The consumption of illegal drugs will not be affected.

Well done, you managed to make the problem far worse than it is already!

Well exactly; you probably wouldn't unless you were an addict. If you wanted to have a bit of opium for a party or something you'd just buy it at the chemist or the drug deli or wherever.
So now at last we've had an answer:- addictive drugs will be on sale at corner shops.

What do you propose the age limit will be?:roll:

So what reason do you go to a doctor and say I want to start taking heroin etc?

You don't that is the point, and do you think any doctor would be mad enough to put a patient on it?

That is the point, it will MASSIVELY reduce the amount of future users, because the drug pushers trade has been demolished.

How does it get demolished?

Well the NHS take on board all the current addicts and treats them for £50 a week, saving each addict £450 a week, meaning that addict don't have to steal to pay for it.

Whether the addict actually pays the £50 or the national insurance covers it is another matter.

Now you appear to claim that tax payers will pay for it, which is not entirely true, It's the national *insurance* (<--note the importance of that word), that pays for it.

It has already been expressed to you many times that other countries have shown a fall in users.

Possibly, just possibly because of the reasons I've stated above.

With no money to be made in drugs, there will be few drug pushers, meaning fewer future addicts.

Now for the sake of my children, I would like to see this happen, because I don't want them living in a world where one side of the fence is willing to kill for drugs and the other is too naive to do ought about it.

Thus increasing costs dramatically, reducing funding for all those "other" treatments for NHS patients, or for the protection of children that you continue to harp on about ;) The consumption of illegal drugs will not be affected.

Rubbish, how can the cost increase if they're already in prison where there should be no special programme just cold Turkey.

You don't that is the point, and do you think any doctor would be mad enough to put a patient on it?
:huh:

So where do they get these legal drugs that a doctor won't prescribe but will have to treat the addiction that follows?:roll:

And of course he was going to be helpful kidding you on that all would be ok

Since it clearly was OK your point is, unsurprisingly, nonsense.

and you believed him how sad.

Or he's a responsible shopkeeper who abides by the law in much the same way as a publican who will not serve someone who's obviously had too much.

he's hardly going to turn customers away with dire warnings is he.

Point completely missed........... again! ;)

Archived