A sensible discussion about current drugs policy.

Oh and how many drug abusers do you know who say "I'm taking it for Parkinsons"?

Well they may well start now you've told them.

"200grms of ecstasy please Mr Pharmacist I've got tothache".:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I know a few who smoke marijuana for pain relief. Will that count. My Auntie who has now passed away suffered from arthritis for years and found later on in life it treated her pain more effectively than anything from the chemist or her doctor. She said that her body was a prison and the fact that it was illegal meant nothing as to deny her pain relief was cruel and barbaric. She was a housewife and mother who never hurt anyone. I suspent theres plenty more like her. Would you deny them effective pain relief?

There was also a rather excellent documentary on BBC as part of Horizon a few years ago called the agony and the ecstacy about a man who discovered ecstacy relieved his parkinsons disease and did in fact inform his doctor of this who was able to perform medical trials. Its often funny how theres many a true word said in jest isn't it?

Why can't you just answer simple straightforward questions?

Oh and how many drug abusers do you know who say "I'm taking it for Parkinsons"?

Terry Pratchett once insinuated on national t.v. that he'd tried alternative (possibly non legal and most likely green smelly stuff) medication to aid his Alzheimer's.

I wouldn't call him a drug abuser though, I'd say he was perfectly normal wanting to test and try different medications to see which suited him the best.

Cocaine would be better for toothache.

I know you're busy tonight, but can you answer post 240 or 244 please? It'll help the discussion.

How many of you take what are classed as illegal drugs and how many of you have been or are addicted?

You people be honest enought to tell all about your habits and I'll tell you about when I was addicted and the effect that it had on me and my family.

How many of you take what are classed as illegal drugs and how many of you have been or are addicted?

You people ben honest enought to tell all about your habits and I'll tell you about when I was addicted and the effect that it had on me and my family.

Addicted to nicotine have been for 17 years, will sometimes smoke a joint for recreational purposes or to give me a good nights sleep, I wouldn't consider myself an addict or abuser.

Rarely ever drink alcohol (maybe a cpl of times a year), not addicted to tea or coffee.

I used to be of a similar mindset to you, I was against drugs up until my early 20s when my neighbour (a primary school teacher) had his life turned upside down because the police raided him and found........wait for it........one cannabis plant.

He lost his job, got a criminal record, all because he enjoyed the effects of cannabis.

You people be honest enought to tell all about your habits and I'll tell you about when I was addicted and the effect that it had on me and my family.

In the past i've taken lots of different drugs. Never lost a job, never stole anything, never hurt anyone, never did anything else illegal whilst on them but did have a really good time and some interesting experiences and learned to love music and other people because of them, became more open, more tolerant, more inquisitive, more forgiving and generally enjoyed myself tremendously. I suspect i'm not an exception

In the past i've taken lots of different drugs. Never lost a job, never stole anything, never hurt anyone, never did anything else illegal whilst on them but did have a really good time and some interesting experiences and learned to love music and other people because of them, became more open, more tolerant, more inquisitive, more forgiving and generally enjoyed myself generally. I suspect i'm not an exception
But did you become addicted?

It's nice that you learned to love music but sad you had to take drugs to do so.

Archived