Is it right that the Government are punishing the poor the most?

The rest of my family are not in the public service.

With all that you have said,....is it just that Thatcher that caused the problems, and the Torys now are being tarnished with the same brush?

ps: im not in the PCT....and job is in an area, they are not getting rid of anytime soon

The budget will hit the private sector indirectly but in a potentially massive way, you and your family still live within the overall economy and will suffer from the knock on effects that massive rapid cuts will bring.

Other possible effects include increases in crime.

Don't get too cocky about your job security, new government means new priorities and new ways of doing things. You're workload might not be cut but it might be outsourced to a private company offering an supposed saving.

The cause of these problems is the see saw from one extreme of government to the other.

The budget will hit the private sector indirectly but in a potentially massive way, you and your family still live within the overall economy and will suffer from the knock on effects that massive rapid cuts will bring.

Other possible effects include increases in crime.

Don't get too cocky about your job security, new government means new priorities and new ways of doing things. You're workload might not be cut but it might be outsourced to a private company offering an supposed saving.

The cause of these problems is the see saw from one extreme of government to the other.

I expect his work load will increase with poverty related health problems pneumonia in the elderly and homeless, depression related illnesses, drug abuse, alcoholism, divorces, orphans etc etc. He may have a secure job dealing with the impact of the budget but I doubt that job will be a pleasant one.

We're all going to have to suffer to pay back for Labour's borrow and spend policies, only the Labour supporters on here don't want to pay for the debt their party ramped up.

Sorry I thought it was the banking crisis, reckless lending on sub-prime, mortgages, packaged up bad debts sold in futures markets that caused this global crisis. I didn't realise Labour had such a global influence. :loopy:

Well we are all in this together sorting it out.... just some more so than others as the IFS report shows.

Still mustn't grumble. I am sure those better off than us know why it is the poor that have to suffer, for something they had no part in, I am sure they have our best interests at heart. Best doff me cap, and know my place.

I expect his work load will increase with poverty related health problems pneumonia in the elderly and homeless, depression related illnesses, drug abuse, alcoholism, divorces, orphans etc etc. He may have a secure job dealing with the impact of the budget but I doubt that job will be a pleasant one.

Which is another reason why any cuts to the NHS would be fatal for many.

Sorry I thought it was the banking crisis, reckless lending on sub-prime, mortgages, packaged up bad debts sold in futures markets that caused this global crisis. I didn't realise Labour had such a global influence. :loopy:

They might not have caused that, but running a defecit during the boom years is no way to run an economy.

Poor Gleggy. His boss is off on holiday and he is stuck having to defend a regressive budget, desperately trying to make out that the Institute of Fiscal Studies is some sort of quasi communist Labour backed think tank.

Archived