Bishops Coffee House

Mad for it

Odd question, but do they allow clean, well behaved dogs in? It would be lovely to nip in after the walking the dog for lunch at the weekends as we often walk up through meersbrook park then into Graves, or pop in for a Sunday morning coffee.

Once it gets to winter we end up going to the peak district every weekend as thats the only place you can walk your dog and eat lunch inside :hihi: as it gets too cold in winter to sit outside.

Can I suggest, Bishops Coffee House, that you get a few toys in for kiddies? It's all good for the little 'uns, high chairs, childrens menu, etc but a few books of whatever might keep them quiet while I have another slice of cake...

Thanks - following your post two local people brought in some childrens books so they must have had the same idea.

We continue to work on ideas to help families such as high chairs and childrens menus, any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Odd question, but do they allow clean, well behaved dogs in? It would be lovely to nip in after the walking the dog for lunch at the weekends as we often walk up through meersbrook park then into Graves, or pop in for a Sunday morning coffee.

Once it gets to winter we end up going to the peak district every weekend as thats the only place you can walk your dog and eat lunch inside :hihi: as it gets too cold in winter to sit outside.

It's a small place, but we do have ourside furniture, which is not great on a day like today i know, but we have had dog walkers in and they tend to tie the dogs outside and sit by the door or sit outside on nice days

I went to the Caribbean Bistro night that was on last night and had a great meal, I think this is the only weekend for this at the moment but i'm sure they will be doing another one in the future.

I hope it goes well for them.

There was a vegetarian dish on last nights menu but don't no for daytime.

we had two great nights for our first bistro weekend, and looking forward to more.

Its our first Sunday open today, and we are looking to do a sunday roast soon if sundays prove popular.

Must dash as breakfast time is starting

................ and thanks for all the support and comments from the above.

I have called in a few times for both coffee and food. Good food and service.

They do have a number of vegetarian options, only tried the soup and it was lovely.

Have you thought about loyalty cards?

Good luck to the owners.

We are now getting loyality cards done - good idea, watch this space.

Thanks you for your comments as regards the soup - all made freash on site

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT BRITISH MENU

fantastic traditional flavours produced by our guest chef for the two evenings of Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th of October.

Book now as the previous Bistro nights did get fully booked.

Bring your own wine and beer with no corkage charge.

• 1 month later...

Bistro Night

19th & 20th of November

3 Courses for £18

Starters

Lightly Curried Parsnip Soup with

crumbled goats cheese croton, pine nut kernels and truffle essence

-

Homemade Chicken Liver Parfait served with

caramelised onion marmalade and toasted bread

-

Field Mushroom and Blue Cheese Tart served with