Looking For Clubbing Advice - (Funky)

neilo

Hi, I'm visiting Sheffield on the 17th for a birthday bash. We're pretty well sorted as for which bars to take in on the initial crawl, but start to run out of ideas as it gets towards club time. The Sheffield based guys at the party have been little use so far, as none of them ever seem to go clubbing! I'm looking for pointers / tips on clubs for the Sat. night, ideally it would be dance based playing funky house - and definitly not too commercial. Is Gatecrasher going to be full of cyber-kids with whistles and glow sticks?? Is Niche any good? What sort of music do they play?

One option might be to start out at a club with everyone and then when some are partied out, the more hardened clubbers could move on to Niche at about 2ish.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Neilo

Gatecrasher hasnt been full of glow stick waving crasher kids on a sat night for many a moon- its all pretty mainstream these days, and Niche only goes on till 5am rather than tues lunchtime or whenever it used to go on till on a sat night.

I'd imagine your best bets on a sat would be Hustle (more dressed up house) at Zero or Scuba (more relaxed deeper house night) at the Room.

As no doubt loads of dodgy promoters will come on and tell you that you should really go the night they're involved in - I'll get in there first - in the unlikely event any of your party do fancy 'aving it large all night to some banging trance-techno - its the last Planet Zogg for long time on that day up at the Adelphi - some bloke called JohnnyM is on in the second funky room!

Guest mikey_g

If you want somewhere to end your night why not try out DQ thelatebar. It's a brand new venue to hit Sheffield, the exlcusive launch is on the 16th so the place will be buzzing on the following night(17th). Geoff House will be playing a crazy mix of funky stuff, it's free to get in!!!! open while 2am, drinks cheaper than any of the big nightclubs i.e. gatecrasher, kingdom, leadmill on a saturday, and is the most impressive looking venue Sheffield has ever seen! Be on of the first to party the saturday night away in this set to be huge late bar venue.

Originally posted by mikey_g

If you want somewhere to end your night why not try out DQ thelatebar. It's a brand new venue to hit Sheffield, the exlcusive launch is on the 16th so the place will be buzzing on the following night(17th). Geoff House will be playing a crazy mix of funky stuff, it's free to get in!!!! open while 2am, drinks cheaper than any of the big nightclubs i.e. gatecrasher, kingdom, leadmill on a saturday, and is the most impressive looking venue Sheffield has ever seen! Be on of the first to party the saturday night away in this set to be huge late bar venue.

where abouts is the late bar?

Future Funk

This Friday night @ Bar Matrix

8:00pm - 2:30am

£3:00 Tax

With Guest's

C.J. (This Way up)

John Tuxman (Noggins)

Si Mclean

LS: DJ

Wall of Balls Allstars

Those filthy future funk boys and Girls are at it again!

If you where down @ The Earl last bank holiday Friday you'll will know what to

expect. A big party vibe, the best music, and a friendly, open minded crowd.

With a blend of, Dirty Funk, Fat Breaks and Funky techno.

There are some drink offers as well with San Miguel £2.a bottle, Tequila £1 a

shot

And selected spirits and mixers £2 as well.

Archived