Wedding on a tight budget, can anyone help?

Hi, we are planning to get married in either May or August 2011. We are on a tight budget and are planning a civil ceremomy then hiring a hall for our reception after. Can anyone suggest a cheap (but nice) venue to have our ceremony? I know the registry office is the cheapest option, but I would prefer somewhere an bit nicer for photo's etc. For the party after we are looking for a reasonably priced DJ and caterers who would provide a buffet for approx 100 guests. Can anyone recommend any venues or companies? Thanks.

(we live in Chapeltown but are not too fussed about the area we have our ceremony, as long as it's somewhere in or close to Sheffield).

I had my civil ceremony and reception at the Sherwood near intake Sue the landlady was absolutely fantastic,the function room is at the side and theres a lovely garden behind for outside pics,she even had a red carpet and put flowers all over the room,the food was lovely and she has a DJ ect i cant fault her service tbh,she gave us a taste of some " champagne " but didnt tell us price till we tasted,well we ended up with a cheaper one and everyone commented how lovely the champagne was lol,if you want to pm me your email i will see if i can send you some pics

Hi Cherish the town hall is lovely but the only problem i had when i was looking for venues was it was kind of a bit like a conveyor belt they were actually queing to go in.Plus i wanted a sunday (awkward) so to hold the service and reception in one place was easier for me.No transport costs only the one to the Sherwood,the registrars that came to conduct the service were so lovely it felt really personal and meant a lot i had a lovely day :)

whats your budget??

by holding my wedding on a wednesday rather than a sat/sun I managed to save thousands!! cutting your guest list would also help save money, we just had close family and friends at our wedding.

Laura from little white book wedding really helped us with our wedding too!!

http://www.littlewhitebookwedding.co.uk

Thanks for the replies. Our budget is maximum 1,500 for everything, preferably less if we can. Since looking into it, I have found out it might be possible for us to get married in church even though I have been marrried before. I think a church wedding should cost around 350 (without flowers, choir etc.), so we'll be needing to cut back even more on the evening do, so still needing a cheap DJ and caterers. Thanks for recommending the make up artist, I'll look into it. x

Just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of how much a catering company would charge for an evening buffet for about 100 guests? I know it might be better to ring round a few companies, but I'm just trying to get a rough idea of costs to work out our budget. Thanks.

Archived