Asil Nadir Returns

He fled because he realised he was going down for a long time.

In fact the pilot who flew him out of the country got 2 years.

He has returned to this country because the tories are back in power and a deal has been done not to arrest him before his trial.Presumably the last government weren't willing to do this.

Peter Dimond, the pilot who flew Nadir out of the UK from Compton Abbas Airfield was jailed for two years in August 1998 for committing an act intended to pervert the course of justice, but he was freed by the Court of Appeal in January 1999 when it quashed the conviction after it was discovered that Nadir was not technically on bail at the time of his escape as it had lapsed.

Calm down dear.

Im not defending the last government's foreign policy,this thread is about Nadir

I am being calm 'dear', Nadir did whatever he did because he could, we've had 9/11, 7/7 and god knows how many other tragedies since, I just don't see the big deal.

Best to wait and see what happens in court, somewhere Blair will never see as a defendant, dear.

• 1 year later...
He shouldn’t have been sent to prison which will cost us even more money, tag him, house him in the cheapest flat possible, and pay him £2 an hour for working in the community.

Why pay him £2 an hour! more money from the tax payer. :huh:

Yeah ok, it would be awful for him dib into his own money, because he's only a multi millionaire. :loopy:

Have I missed something, I’m under the impression he only came back here because he’s skint.

Edit

Seems I was wrong, I just had a read and he apparently came back to prove his innocence, he claims to be bankrupt but his family isn’t.

I wouldn’t want his punishment to include a life style funded by his family, it should be funded by his hard work, and £2 an hours should be enough for him to live off.

I would allow his family to buy his freedom for 100 million.

Edited by MrSmith

Have I missed something, I’m under the impression he only came back here because he’s skint.

Nobody knows why he came back having done a runner. I remember the big Ooo Ahhh about his enexpected return at the time of his arrival.