1940/50 life as a wireless kid ..

grinder

Trastrick.

And that Chicken in the middle of the table used to look more like an Ostrich..

It made the tin of spam you sat down to for your Christmas dinner a bit disappointing, dinit.........:roll:

Yeah, but for a few minutes we could forget about the empty pantry, no coal for the fire, and that cold bed.

I don't think we ever wondered or cared why those big Hollywood stars in our comics were always "stony broke" and never had two bob to take Peggy to the pictures.

Oh that cold bed !!!!

I think I used to wear more clothes in bed than out. If it hadn't been for those Gray woolly blankets and that old army Greatcoat in 47, I don't think I'd ave made it back, Major.....

Another Thing I remember was the Super intelligent dogs they had in story's and films back then, the funny thing was the American one's were much bigger than our little black and white ones.

Do you think that had anything to do the empty pantry's, trastrick ? :hihi:

What about the massive plate of bangers and mash with the bangers sticking out of the mash and steam rising off it? I don't think Arthur Askey ever ate anything else.

If we ever have bangers and mash thats how I do mine. My wife thinks I'm barmy but, then again, she never did read comics. I do put a little bit of gravy on there and it looks quite artistic. I thenk you.

Archived