1940/50 life as a wireless kid ..

grinder

Have A Go Joe. Was that Wilfred Pickles?

Jimmy Clitheroe.

Hilda Baker.

Family Favourites,Sunday morning you could walk down the street in the summertime and everyone would have the same programmes on so you could still follow what was happening.

I once listened to A Christmas Carol on the radio and it terrified me more than anything I have ever watched on television.

My mother used to listen to The Man In Black.

And Saturday teatime when the football results were on you dare not open your mouth.

On Sundays

Family favourites --Life with the Lyons,-- think then was Billy Cotton to the tune of 'Somebody stole my gal' Jimmy Young sang unchained melody and the evocative smell of roast beef in the oven.

What was the name of the show with Jimmy Edwards and June Whitfield saying ' Oh Ron' Was it Take it from Here as some one mentioned

hazel

On Sundays

Family favourites --Life with the Lyons,-- think then was Billy Cotton to the tune of 'Somebody stole my gal' Jimmy Young sang unchained melody and the evocative smell of roast beef in the oven.

What was the name of the show with Jimmy Edwards and June Whitfield saying ' Oh Ron' Was it Take it from Here as some one mentioned

hazel

Were they the Glums?

jimmy edwards, round the horn (hello, my name's julian this is my friend sandy), family favourites with bfpo whatsits.

Sunday wouldn't have been the same without preparing and eating sunday lunch without family favourites and a bottle of dandelion & burdock.

---------- hey duffems your right about family favourites, we was either sat at the table having lunch or sat round the coal

fire. But as for the dandelion & burdock - i`am afraid it was

cold water at our house.

While on this thread can you tell me who sung

tumbling tumbleweed.

The Archers Was the show that later took over the Dick Barton spot believe it or not..

Tumbling tumbleweeds was the opening music to "Riders of the range" first series, "Sons of the saddle" sang that.

But it was a standard and I think everybody from Roy Rogers to Slim Whitmans made a version...

Billy Cotton, Alan Breeze was his singer !!!! , Life with the Lyons with Bebe Daniels, Much binding in the marsh with Stinker Murdoch and wasn't it Kenneth Horn and their catchphrase was "When I was in Ciddi Barni"

Archived