Paying by card in a sandwich shop

I definitely think a card machine would be a good idea - I get so annoyed that even nowadays most sarnie places don't take cards - and the amount of times I have ended up going to M&S or tesco etc to grab a sandwich because I can pay on my card, when I would much rather my money went to local businesses. I have had to walk out of places on more than one occasion as i don't carry much change around with me and places don't take cards.

Shop around for your card processor supplier though as some charge more than others

With more card companies getting switched on to micro payments (eg via mobile or Barclays with their contactless card) the number of times you get held up by someone paying by card should start reducing. Of course that depends on shops using the right equipment and as I have no idea whether the banks push the tech or shops pay for it I don't know about viability for a sandwich shop.

Must admit I'd get frustrated with the delay now though but if I were buying several sarnies etc at a time (> £5) then I'd like to use my card, yes.

I'd deffo pay by card to and come to your shop ! i hate it when shops say you have to switch more than a fiver to pay by switch! this is 2010 ! not the dark ages! it's DEBIT not credit - it comes direct out of my bank so if thats how i want to pay i shouldnt get funny looks for it!

for 50p maybe I understand I think 3 quid minimum on a card transaction is spot on!

if people cant afford to pay for sandwiches without using there card they dont deserve to eat!!!

no doubt you would put your prices up to account for the extra money the bank was charging you for these transactions, why should the normal people pay for the parasites that pay on the card?

Do it because it's a great idea the amount of times iv walked into a sarnie shop an then had to walk out because iv not had enough cash on me it would be so much easier an £3 is reasonable as by the time you have picked your sandwhich an drink it's £3 anyway hope more sandwich shops do it

Archived