Should this Email be taken seriously ?

Which is preferable - a world where toddlers in trouble have passers-by stop to help, and the occasional passer-by falls into a trap? Or a world where toddlers in trouble just die, because nobody is prepared to stop and help?

What would be your reply to this post if your wife or daughter came across this situation and was attacked, beaten/raped/robbed and left for dead. Would you still be in the same frame of mind.?.

What would be your reply to this post if your wife or daughter came across this situation and was attacked, beaten/raped/robbed and left for dead. Would you still be in the same frame of mind.?.

How many people have you personally known whose wife or daughter were attacked/raped/robbed and left for dead?

It's something nobody I've known in my lifetime has ever encountered, so I'd prefer not to let paranoia increase the concern I already have for my personal safety and that of my family, if we acted on all these urban myths we'd never leave our front door.

How many people have you personally known whose wife or daughter were attacked/raped/robbed and left for dead?

It's something nobody I've known in my lifetime has ever encountered, so I'd prefer not to let paranoia increase the concern I already have for my personal safety and that of my family, if we acted on all these urban myths we'd never leave our front door.

Paranoia....? It's a seed that has now been planted into some scumbag's head.

Things like this can start from an idea.

Overtaking a car and slamming on your brakes to make a huge insurance claim was an idea would you not say.

Someone came up with the idea for mobile phones and now people text and drive and kill people doing so...

Just a couple of ideas.

Paranoia....? It's a seed that has now been planted into some scumbag's head.

Things like this can start from an idea.

Overtaking a car and slamming on your brakes to make a huge insurance claim was an idea would you not say.

Someone came up with the idea for mobile phones and now people text and drive and kill people doing so...

Just a couple of ideas.

Sorry, I'm not sure of your point? Are you claiming that normal, law abiding people will suddenly be inspired by this email?

Believe me, the people who are, are already terrorising society, no doubt they have a whole raft of innovative scams to achieve their objectives-however your wife or daughter are extremely unlikely to encounter anyone who will assault them/rape them and leave them for dead which was the suggestion of the poster I responded to.

Sorry, I'm not sure of your point? Are you claiming that normal, law abiding people will suddenly be inspired by this email?

Believe me, the people who are, are already terrorising society, no doubt they have a whole raft of innovative scams to achieve their objectives-however your wife or daughter are extremely unlikely to encounter anyone who will assault them/rape them and leave them for dead which was the suggestion of the poster I responded to.

Yes and my response to the poster is that this is now an idea that will have been planted into someone's head.

This could be someone who is, as you say, terrorising society already.

This could now be a new string to their bow.

The email also states gangs. I made no claim whatsoever about 'normal, law abiding people being inspired by it'....you did that.

If something like this does happen now some people saying it's nonsense will look a tad silly to say the least.

If something like this does happen now some people saying it's nonsense will look a tad silly to say the least.

Whether it happens or not doesn't make my claim that acting on the possibility it might happen is a paranoid response to an incredibly unlikely event.

To put it in perspective, we all know that it's highly likely someone will win the Lotto jackpot every week, but I haven't heard of anybody altering their behaviour or spending habits based on the possibility it could be them, and if they did they would generally be denounced as living in a fantasy world.

There are risks inherent in every day life, any rational person would appreciate that and take steps to reduce their chances of being a victim, however I won't be losing too much sleep worrying about the chances of encountering road side bandits who want to rob/assault or rape my partner and leave her for dead, using the scenario in the OP.

Archived