First Chinese restaurants in Sheffield

riddo7up

The Oriental was an Indian restaurant - the OP specified Chinese.

The oriental was chinese not indian ...my parents owned the pub up the road most of our customers went in there on a w/end after the pub closed my dad usually went with them...he wouldnt touch indian food .....

So I guess crooksey, Falls and Jazzman are all wrong? - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/search.php?searchid=11955353

The oriental was chinese .....check out first chinese restaurants in sheffield by another poster ..i dont know how to link it...but i know it was chinese i virtually lived next .......Kellys directory 1973..chinese restaurants in sheffield ..guess what ...Oriental Langsett Rd;)

Edited by kazads53
add something

Well, I'm sure that kazads53 is correct (despite what was written by several people on the thread I linked to in my post #2) but the Kelly's directory for 1973, which I happen to have, does not classify restaurants according to the type of food served, and simply shows the "Oriental Café" with all the other restaurants - see here..:)

Rickshaw and Zing Vaa, definitely between 57 and 60. I started work in 57 as a junior sales and all the sales girls used to go there on dates. First time I ever went I felt soooooo grown up. Left Sheffield in 60 so I know I had been several times to both in that time.