Conservative minister Crispin Blunt reveals he is gay

I don't think anyone give a damn nowadays unless they've been hypocritical in their voting on equality measures or have used their "perfect family heterosexuality" as publicity.

It's his missus I feel sorry for. But perhaps she suspected all along but loved him anyway.

Jeremy Thorpe was slathered in make up wasn't he? ;)

Setting the trend for submissive liberal leaders I suppose.

What is Nick going to do when Samantha gets in season again now she has whelped?

I bet he hates her, she will be making eyes at his beloved Dave again, the bitch.

Notice the absence of congratulations from his quarters. :hihi:

I really think people should stop 'coming out', I'm sure it all started by pressure being brought to bear, wasn't Peter Tatchell always saying gay people should 'come out' - I think they should stay in, straight people shouldn't tell people 'I'm straight' publicly either

it all started because we'd had enough of being bullied, harrassed and slandered by small minded bigots

It was fashionable at one point I think.

When it was all mascara and that crap.

freddie mercury etc.

Not now I think, gay boys are gay boys, and are despised as such I think.

Not many want to be tarred by that brush in this current era.

Unfortunately there are still people out there who who dont like gay people - including christians. It may come out in the papers and by opening up first it just softens it for these people who dont like gay people. I dont agree with you that he should be sacked as this does not seem to be like previous "outings", this seem more civilised, as the article only mentions the seperation once. Bringing the word "sordid" into this thread is a bit too far.

Do you have a problem with gay people?

edit: this may be the continuation of the witch hunt against the coalition by some papers.

Unfortunately there are still people out there who who dont like gay people - including christians. It may come out in the papers and by opening up first it just softens it for these people who dont like gay people. I dont agree with you that he should be sacked as this does not seem to be like previous "outings", this seem more civilised, as the article only mentions the seperation once. Bringing the word "sordid" into this thread is a bit too far.

Do you have a problem with gay people?edit: this may be the continuation of the witch hunt against the coalition by some papers.

To me every one on this planet is my equal, unless proved otherwise.

I have worked with gay men nearly all my working life.

I was an engineer on cruise ships for many years, and among the stewards it was practically a condition of employment.:D

I may have been lucky, but I have never met an unpleasant homosexual.

The exact opposite in fact, they go out of their way to try and be friendly....

Now I come to think about it :suspect::hihi:

Sexuality is personal and shouldn't matter to anyone else unless it directly affects them. However, people in the public eye are aware that anything they do will be fair game for the media who love a bit of ragmeat to feed to the masses. It seems a bit strange that he's decided to go public for no apparent reason? And, he's got teenage children, so I hope it doesn't impact too much on them.

To me every one on this planet is my equal, unless proved otherwise.

I have worked with gay men nearly all my working life.

I was an engineer on cruise ships for many years, and among the stewards it was practically a condition of employment.:D

I may have been lucky, but I have never met an unpleasant homosexual.

The exact opposite in fact, they go out of their way to try and be friendly....

Now I come to think about it :suspect::hihi:

I was at sea too and you should know as well as me that it was always the catering staff who were 'out' as it were in those days, and the engineering and deck departments just helped them out when it was busy..........!

"Do you hear there - Catering Staff to the gangway....., fruit" Oh how I enjoyed that quartermasters pipes on the tannoy system. Swing that lantern.

Archived