Using road cones to reserve a parking space outside your house.

Road cones dont mean a thing unless the police have put them there.

Just move them and park where you want.

Obviously if it is the local six foot six rudeboys who have put them there you may have to be cute at talking.

But otherwise they mean nowt.

As wise to check though, the bloke might have a skip being delivered or whatever.

The cones are not yours to remove.

If you think there is a problem with obstruction to a public highway, then contact the council's highways department to deal with the issue.

On the other hand, the cones appear to be abandoned in the highway. Move them to the curb and no one can complain about it.

I lived next door to someone who used to put a cone out but it was in London! I removed it so I could park and it ended up with the police being called. He left his sunroof open some time after and I squirted a mix of milk, soy sauce and prawn puree into his honda civic.

How very mature of you. :hihi:

Parking in London is a competitive nightmare. There was someone on my brother's street who would let down the tyres of anyone who parked outside his house. Despite complaints it could never be pinned on him so he got away with it and local residents learnt not to park outside his house.

Could belong to H20 bathroom solutions on Chesterfield Rd. They might be cones they have for when they are delivering/installing bathrooms.

Maybe your neighbour works there and has borrowed them!

I think it H20 that came out to fit or find my outside water tap as I couldnt shut my water off, they are contracted out by Yorkshire Water, give them a ring and tell them they have left their cones out :)

I notice that Sainsburys at Crookes have cones taking up the whole 3 space parking bay outside their shop every Tuesday afternoon, with a gap for a delivery van to pull in.

On several occasions I have been EVER so tempted to park there & then shop in the Co-op next door.... :hihi::hihi:

I haven't yet got the nerve to do it though :P

Archived