I found my dad after 40 years

I found my mums dad on genes re-united,sadly he was killed in ww2 age 34 but she has several siblings,she was my grans only child,mum was gobsmacked especially when she saw photos of her dad she had never seen or met.Its quite a bit to take in after 60 odd years.Glad i did it though, it was quite touching.

3 or 4 years ago when I was walking through Heeley, A young lady ran upto me shouting "Dad,Dad. Are you my dad! I`m supposed to be meeting him here after not seeing him for years." I had to dissapoint her , although afterwards I thought maybe I should have let her jump all over me and kiss me first!

hi i found my dad after 40 years on 192.com .. my life is now full because i always felt like there was a hole but now i have him my life is full and its the best thing ever .. took me a few years to find him but i did it in the end

it took me 37yrs, hope everything goes well for you:)

Well done,I found my half brother after 40 yrs searching,finally succeeded on facebook 18 mths ago. Trouble is,he is Belgian and only speaks pigeon English,and my French is even worse.

He had no idea that he had two sisters and a brother,and was over the moon,as were his five children,we all chat online all the time. I am going over to see them all in Ostend next month,can't wait, watch this space,,,,,,,,

hi i found my dad after 40 years on 192.com .. my life is now full because i always felt like there was a hole but now i have him my life is full and its the best thing ever .. took me a few years to find him but i did it in the end

That's great for you and your family, enjoy :thumbsup:

Glad you found me son.

I am pleased for you, but confused as to what exactly your father has done to find you over a 40 yr period.

Archived