Things for a girl to do in London?

I am getting on a bit ( although not 200 years) so I cant vouch for what goes on late into the night but from what I do see I would have thought Leicester Square would be more suitable.

http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/about/placesleicestersq.html

I moved to London when I was 19, I never spent much time in Leicester square, it's a bit dull, just the cinemas really.

I moved to London when I was 19, I never spent much time in Leicester square, it's a bit dull, just the cinemas really.

I will take your word for it but -

Buskers entertain the crowds with anything from an impromptu song to a political rant, tourists pay good money to have their faces ridiculed by cruel cartoonists and suburban kids queue to dance the night away at the Hippodrome, Equinox or Maximus.

Especially on Friday and Saturday nights, the whole pedestrianised area can seem like one big, youthful party

And if they want a bit of culture its not far to Covent Garden is it.

Krouch - give us a bit of a clue...how old is she, how many in the group, how long are they here for and what do they like doing?

Well their all 19 and their is 6 of them. I think that they will give anything a try as long as its aimed at younger people tbh as they all seem easy going and they are there for 4 days. So anymore suggestions?????

Erm, shopping, shopping and more shopping.

Defintely Covent Garden with a wander up Long Acre first. (get off Leicester square and wander up)

As people have said, the markets are one afternoon out, Camden and Notting Hill market being great.

Knightsbridge, Sloane Street and King's road.

Lunch and a wander around Kensington High Street, lovely for a meal out that way at night as well.

Richmond's nice for a mooch around the river, I liked sitting in kew gardens and drinking g and t's but that's just me.

Islington's got some lovely bars as well.

Lunch or evening meal at The Stockpot 18 Old Compton Street, London W1D 4TN 020 7287 1066 which looks nothing (at all) but tastes everything, good place to celeb spot as it's popular with jobbing actors in the area.

Sigh, I miss London Life.

There's Camden Market which is nice.

I second this. I'm sure as teenagers they'll love the hustle and bustle of Camden Town and particularly the market (it's get extremely busy at the weekends so remind them to keep hold of their bags). If they do go there, also make sure they know that due to the influx of visitors on a Sunday, they can get off the tube at Camden Town station, but cannot get back on there on this day. You can either walk down to Mornington Crescent station or get on a bus (Oyster card very handy so you can use it on the bus too).

Convent Garden, as others have suggested, is worth visiting, but I'd say it's better to visit in the evening when there's more of an atmosphere.

My hunch is that they're going to be shopping more than anything.

Archived