Mobile phone rant

OK I know I'm a grumpy old man for saying this, but mobile phones really [deleted] me off. I had a Motorola Razr. Looked good, but shocking to use. I had a bluetooth hands free in the car and it took 14 (FOURTEEN!) key presses to turn bluetooth on and off. What spotty eejit designed the menu system on that?

Anyways I got so [deleted] off with it I upgraded(?) to a Samsung touch screen phone. I used to be able to be able to search contacts by predictive name entry - you know pressing 2663 would automatically find Anne for me. Not so on the Samsung. And a million other annoyances with the crappy touch screen response. An iphone it definitely was not!

Well, over the weekend I lost my phone - hurray! I'm insured. But do you know what? I'm not upgrading. I'm downgrading. I don't need a touch screen phone. I don't need an iphone with all its apps. I don't want to spend £30+ a month to make few phone calls now and again. I'm going back to basics. I'm getting a basic Nokia for £10 a month with 200 free minutes and unlimited calls to landlines. I'm trusting that's a good deal, I can't be [deleted] to do the research.

I don't have iphone app envy. In fact when my friends start showing off their iphones, I'm usually just thinking "what a [deleted]". Nice user interface, but why do I want to drink virtual beer on a phone, or use the "torch" app. And those water ripples look great, but tell me again, how much are you paying a month for the privelege?

Any way I know I'll get some stick for the Nokia. There's no way it'll make me cool. But I don't care. It's a phone not a little boy's toy. I just hope it has a good menu system where I can browse contacts and set the alarm easily.

Ah that's better, now over to you.

Do you have a mobile phone rant you'd like to share?

Note to mods: Thanks for restore of thread. I promise not to swear again - even cryptic(?) ****** swearing where it's obvious what the word is. I hope [deleted] is acceptable!

I hate the IPHONES. Why do people spend silly amounts of money on a phone when all you need to do with them is call and text? Some people use their phone and treat it better than people :lol:.

I'm right with you of course, apart from texting! :D I'm an old boy and even texting is an unwanted advanced feature. I've promised not to send texts. If somebody texts me I'll call back because you can say so much more in much less time. Texting is really inefficient and I don't want any of my friends to think I don't want to speak to them or that I'm ever unavailable for them.

I posted on this thread earlier but my post seems to have been deleted for some reason :suspect:

I'm afraid it was my :rant: in the OP that got the whole thread deleted. The restore of the thread was actually a repost. I commented on missflirtuk's post because I got an email notification, but not yours rudeboy. Maybe you [deleted] [deleted] in your post?

:thumbsup:

Most phone features are just great big time-wasters for youngsters. When you get older you have less patience for having your precious time gobbled up by gadgets. You'd rather be interacting with real friends than a computer application.

My new phone should arrive before the end of the week. I've never had a Nokia before, but it's good to hear "trusty" and "Nokia" in the same sentence.

I see the problem. It was that Motorola Razr. The things were like a test for everything iphone is today.

Get a lump of something someone left in a toilet bowl. hype it to hell with flashy ads involving sexy birds and sell to the foolish.

Loads of "Look at me I have a Razr" people were wandering around trying to sell them on the quiet but looking grumpy because they knew they had been conned and no bugger would buy them.

The only difference between the Razr and the iphone is Apple are better at selling brown sausages in a fancy box.

The simple Nokia idea is the best for a non business user. All most people need from a mobile is basic stuff anyway. The rest is just a pain that is handy to flash around in a attempt to impress your mates or pull ugly geek birds.

I'm with satman2222 and am using my trusty 6310i again. Why oh why did Nokia stop making them. You can still buy new ones but they cost a fortune. Must have been in some warehouse somewhere or else they are made in China and sold as new Nokias

My Nokia N95 may be a bit old now but it's brill! It's got a great (easy to use)5mp camera which produces basic snaps to the same quality as my normal camera and stores and plays all the music I want. I'm amazed at the tech in new phones and regard them with awe. Technology is snowballing and mobis always seem to be at the forefront. Unfortunately, who needs all this stuff in a little (beautifully made) box? Where does a phone stop and an MP3 player begin? :huh:

Archived