Castleton caves

john65

absolutely true he got trapped and an attempt to rescue him failed a doctor went down to give him a needle and killed him.so i was told. i think it is nicked named the suicide cave.there is another cave opposite the speedwell cavern its very good and is free ive been down it many times.

• 5 months later...
absolutely true he got trapped and an attempt to rescue him failed a doctor went down to give him a needle and killed him.so i was told. i think it is nicked named the suicide cave.there is another cave opposite the speedwell cavern its very good and is free ive been down it many times.

Neil Moss was trapped on a friday and pronounced dead on the following Tuesday, he passed away due to the fumes from his helmet lamp, no one could reach the body, the fesure was sealed and named Moss Cavern I believe

speedwell cavern is on winnats pass,and the aforementioned cave is on the right hand side of winnats as u go over the cattle grid u will see a little track that takes u to the cave.been down it many times.

Suicide Cavern has two entrances. A small one, about 3ft high, is to the left of the main entrance. They are clearly visible in the movie 'The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue', although the church is superimposed onto the scene. There is good footage of all around Castleton & the Church Scenes were shot in Hathersage.

Archived