Breast feeding in public

You can't always time your day around feeds, as when a baby need feeding, a baby needs feeding whether you've fed him/her half an hour previous or whenever.. Babies don't go by the clock, they go by their tummies as any parent will know..

Yes, some women make it obvious what they are doing when they are feeding, some don't. But why care ??

Would all you, that are bothered by this, rather sit there listening to a screaming baby whilst in a cafe drinking your tea ?? How many of you have heard a baby cry and said " I wish she'd shut that baby up" ?? I bet quite a few of you have..

What if 'shutting that baby up' meant the mother feeding her baby ?? Would you have a problem with her breast feeding then if it meant 'shutting it up' ?? Or would you rather still sit there listening to it cry ??

Why does offended mean i'm frightend? I don't want to see another womens breast, i choose not to.

Stop twisting my words. I don't want to be walking about and see a womens breast in public view..

Rather than watch a women breast feeding? yes.

You mention repeatedly what you don't want..but you never justify the reason you're offended by the sight of a child being fed. Is there a particular reason why you don't like the sight of a breast in public? I'm assuming that you like them in private...being a male that is. A few on here bleat on about what they don't like but have difficulty in expressing why they don't like.

Other natural acts are having sex, but u wouldn't want to see that in public.

I think the breast feeders should use a toilet or out of public eye.

One of the most ignorant statements to come out of SF. You've clumsily equated the normal natural act of feeding in public to that of having sex in public as normal.

A toilet??? Are you really serious? Surely I read that wrong..even the most dimwitted couldn't have made that mistake.

When you say "It's my choice" that really if fair enough but when you foster those opinions on an open forum it would be respectful to others you're debating with to clarify why, just so we are able to understand, or at least try.

You mention repeatedly what you don't want..but you never justify the reason you're offended by the sight of a child being fed. Is there a particular reason why you don't like the sight of a breast in public? I'm assuming that you like them in private...being a male that is. A few on here bleat on about what they don't like but have difficulty in expressing why they don't like.

One of the most ignorant statements to come out of SF. You've clumsily equated the normal natural act of feeding in public to that of having sex in public as normal.

A toilet??? Are you really serious? Surely I read that wrong..even the most dimwitted couldn't have made that mistake.

When you say "It's my choice" that really if fair enough but when you foster those opinions on an open forum it would be respectful to others you're debating with to clarify why, just so we are able to understand, or at least try.

Quite wonderfully put

Other natural acts are having sex, but u wouldn't want to see that in public.

I think the breast feeders should use a toilet or out of public eye.

What a stupid analogy. Most people can control their sexual urges and do not feel the need to get down to it in public whenever the desire grabs them. A baby does not nor cannot control his/her hunger, I assume that you eat in public? Would you like to go and eat your meal in a toilet, because someone found your eating habit annoying/offensive?

I see it for what it is: a mother feeding her baby and isn't sexual so I don't mind seeing women breastfeed in public.

However, it might be idea to already have the milk put into bottles if they know they are going out and about.

I wouldn't go into a toilet to feed my baby and nor should any others mothers! If you don't like it, don't look....simples!

Apart from the fact that it should be a woman's choice how to feed her baby, she should not be dictated to by anyone, not all breastfeeding woman are able to express nor wish to supplement feeds with formula. Furthermore, one of the many joys of breastfeeding, aside from the mother and baby skin to skin contact and bonding, is its flexibility. You don't have to faff around with sterilising bottles, warming the milk etc etc.

Some people on this thread appear to have serious issues.:roll:

My wife has breastfed all the kids and any where she was and was never a problem, she just covered the child so as no one could see anything and most people were unaware she was even doing it, you could even have a conversation with her without realising.

Its the most natural thing out and anyone getting upperty about it need to grow up.

Its the women that really don't care who thinks what and pushes it in peoples faces to cause confliction intentionally that do not help.

I was once at a friends house (with another mate) when my mates wife said the baby needed feeding, got her tit out at one end of the room and walked the full lenth of the room to go get the baby :o What was that all about :confused:

My wife has breastfed all the kids and any where she was and was never a problem, she just covered the child so as no one could see anything and most people were unaware she was even doing it, you could even have a conversation with her without realising.

Its the most natural thing out and anyone getting upperty about it need to grow up.

Its the women that really don't care who thinks what and pushes it in peoples faces to cause confliction intentionally that do not help.

I was once at a friends house (with another mate) when my mates wife said the baby needed feeding, got her tit out at one end of the room and walked the full lenth of the room to go get the baby :o What was that all about :confused:

Well, there is a minority of women who like to be exhibitionistic about it. I was once at a baby naming ceremony where there were several women with the entire breast out on display feeding older kids. However, that is their prerogative and I just chose not to look. The best thing to do with anyone who wishes to draw attention to themselves is to not indulge their ego and ignore them.

Well, there is a minority of women who like to be exhibitionistic about it. I was once at a baby naming ceremony where there were several women with the entire breast out on display feeding older kids. However, that is their prerogative and I just chose not to look. The best thing to do with anyone who wishes to draw attention to themselves is to not indulge their ego and ignore them.

I disagree, breasts aren't at their best during the feeding season, for that reason I can't quite believe anyone would purposefully put them on show. Obviously there are times when you can't help but cop an eyeful, but a woman doesn't have to be breastfeeding these days for that to be the case.

Archived