Breast feeding in public

My Mama doesn't really the idea of breast is best & never really breast fed me or my siblings. Saying that I have never had an issue when a Mother is breast feeding their bubber/s in public/private. I don't understand why their is this stigma & negativity attached to breast feeding in public. At the end of the day it is important that the baby is fed & Mothers should not be put off or have any pressure from fuddy duddies who don't like to see babies being breast fed in public just in case the nip gets exposed. Quick someone call 999 :o:roll:.

me and my siblings were all bottle fed but one of my aunties used to flop her boob out any where so growing up it was a normal thing for me to see which i think has proberly de-sensatised me to it now as it doesn't bother me in the slightest and seeing the back of a babys head stuck to his/her mum is deffo more appealing than listening to a high pitched hunger cry.

have to agree that i don't understand the stigma either, specialy as everyone is so concerned with what they consume now surely we should all be supporting the best 'food' there is for a baby.

(before the moaners start about bottling milk to take out well the baby crys for food the boob leaks so why be uncomfortable and having to mess with nipple pads when baby can just be fed directly meaning no steralising bottles and no faffing about with hot water to stand the bottle in to warm up)

would you want to eat your dinner in a toilet though! lets face it toilets are horrible germy places that are not suitable for eating in, just think how many people pass through without even washing there hands :gag:

Toilets are a cleaner place to eat then a computer desk, so maybe i would.

I'm not sure what sort of complaints you mean, but I'm equally sure that there are some men who'd find being on a topless beach would be embarrassing, confusing and threatening.

Well they wouldn't go if they found it embarrassing, would they?

In that case there would be complaints about Mediterranean beaches, but there aren't.

There are, the Italian police made the news a few weeks ago for ordering a sunbather to put her top back on as a family had complained that she was disturbing their two 14 year old boys. Two boys like this :love:, their mum :rant:

I hope my boys don't grow up and have the arrogant attitudes shown by some people on here. Thank goodness I'm bringing them up to understand the proper functions of the human body. My 3 yr old says, "ladies have boobs to feed the babies coz the babies grow in mummys tummys"

If a 3 year old can understand it then why can't an adult?

I hope my boys don't grow up and have the arrogant attitudes shown by some people on here. Thank goodness I'm bringing them up to understand the proper functions of the human body. My 3 yr old says, "ladies have boobs to feed the babies coz the babies grow in mummys tummys"

If a 3 year old can understand it then why can't an adult?

Because a 3 year old has no sexual cultural references. As Alien and others have pointed out, it's the sexualisation of women and their breasts that is the issue.

Toilets are a cleaner place to eat then a computer desk, so maybe i would.

the issue was women breast feeding in public and shouldn't have to be shunned away to the toilets, what on earth has eating at a desk got to do with anything, unless you now think breast feeding mothers should enter offices and ask workers to vacate there desks so they can feed there babies there.

the issue was women breast feeding in public and shouldn't have to be shunned away to the toilets, what on earth has eating at a desk got to do with anything, unless you now think breast feeding mothers should enter offices and ask workers to vacate there desks so they can feed there babies there.

Way to completely miss the point!

It's a fact that there are more harmful germs on the average computer desk than there are in the average public toilet and so, like it or not, from a purely hygeine-oriented point of view, a toilet is not the worst place a mother could sit in order to feed her baby. Who said anything about workers vacating their desks for mothers?! Quite the contrary!

Archived