Breast feeding in public

Way to completely miss the point!

It's a fact that there are more harmful germs on the average computer desk than there are in the average public toilet and so, like it or not, from a purely hygeine-oriented point of view, a toilet is not the worst place a mother could sit in order to feed her baby. Who said anything about workers vacating their desks for mothers?! Quite the contrary!

no you have missed the point there are less germs at a nice clean cafe than a toilet so why should a breast feeding mother be forced to use the toilet, meaning it is irrelivent to compare a desk to a toilet as a desk wasn't even at question.

I'm not sure what sort of complaints you mean, but I'm equally sure that there are some men who'd find being on a topless beach would be embarrassing, confusing and threatening.

'Threatening'! Is this another one of you windups, next you'll be telling them to take some heroin the next time they contemplate going to a topless beach.:loopy:

'Threatening'! Is this another one of you windups, next you'll be telling them to take some heroin the next time they contemplate going to a topless beach.:loopy:

them nipples are dangerous things you know, they could have someones eye out :hihi::hihi:

them nipples are dangerous things you know, they could have someones eye out :hihi::hihi:

I've only come on here to read some of the ridiculous replies, especialy from that one about breastfeeding on the beach being threatening.

Bristols at dawn comes to mind.

All bodily functions are natural and totally human, but most are also done in private... I don't just mean going to the loo, but sex among other things... Many people still don't eat in the street, believing this to be something done indoors - It's not illegal to breast feed in the street however, so those who feel it appropriate just need to develop a thick skin against the tuts and stares...

A lot of this boils down to majority of public opinion and neccessity.

The majority of people would be offended by people doing natural bodily functions such as going to the toilet, having sex and masturbating in full public view - and neither is it neccessary to do so, hence there is a criminal offence attached to it.

However, the majority of people would not be offended by a mother feeding her baby because it is a neccessity and babies do not chose a convenient time and place - they want it when they are hungry. Therefore it is an offence to refuse this right in a public place.

Those that do find it offensive just have to learn to avert their eyes and be tolerant. Its hardly offensive in the same way as other bodily 'natural' functions so using these analogies to draw comparisons is not a particularly helpful.

the issue was women breast feeding in public and shouldn't have to be shunned away to the toilets, what on earth has eating at a desk got to do with anything, unless you now think breast feeding mothers should enter offices and ask workers to vacate there desks so they can feed there babies there.

Another poster asked me if i would eat my dinner in a toilet = my answer.

Other natural acts are having sex, but u wouldn't want to see that in public.

I think the breast feeders should use a toilet or out of public eye.

Another poster asked me if i would eat my dinner in a toilet = my answer.

they only asked you that after you stated breast feeders should use a toilet, so i asked why they should have to use somewhere as germy as a toilet, still can't see the connection to how many germs the average desk has other than you trying to back peddle your crazy suggestion and divert that attentsion from it.

Archived