Breast feeding in public

To be fair if you read his post he isn't making a statement of his own thoughts but is saying 'some men' would find it...

Just like some men would probably get aroused or feel envious if they were that way inclined.

How does he know 'some men' would find it threatening? to me this is typical of the way these coments are used to appear superior.

Breast feeding is natural, and its good for mother and baby. I know, I did it way back in the early 70s when most young mums were much more into bottle feeding. :roll: Its much more accepted nowadays, which is a good thing for those who want to and can manage it.

Having said that, there's no reason why it can't be done discreetly. Its not difficult to get baby latched on under cover - a loose top, or a scarf/shawl over the shoulder. I've been in a cafe several times with a much younger friend who's been breastfeeding, and she wouldn't dream of going into a toilet to do it. People round about us wouldn't have been aware unless they stared really hard. She made no fuss, and just got on with it. No need for anyone else to see mum's breasts - neither would she want them to.

You have heroin on the brain, are you rattling or something ? :hihi:

I have the answer, let's all go to the beach high on heroin and feed our babies.

Seriously no one knows when most women are feeding their child, they get out a breast use a shawl, baby has it's nosh which takes oohh 5 minutes, mum can still keep on eating her own meal and no one is the wiser.

I have the answer, let's all go to the beach high on heroin and feed our babies.

Seriously no one knows when most women are feeding their child, they get out a breast use a shawl, baby has it's nosh which takes oohh 5 minutes, mum can still keep on eating her own meal and no one is the wiser.

5 minutes! Mine fed for at least 30 minutes, often an hour at a time!

Archived