Breast feeding in public

why should a breast feeding woman have to feed her baby in the toilets, would you like to eat your meal in there?, breasts are for feeding babies, if you dont like then dont look, its only westerners who have a problem as in other countries ive seen women feeding babies anywhere and everywhere and all ages of people dont bat an eyelid. men are ok to ogle over topless models !!!!, breasts are for babies not mens play things, i had 7 kids and i think its the most wonderful thing to see a baby and mother bonding and nourishing her child, MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

I fed my children when they were hungry. I did not become house bound or time a trip to the supermarket around when they 'may' decide to feed, I would have never got anything done. I have fed in museums, in coffee shops and once or twice on the tube.

Under no circumstance would I go into a toilet to feed my child. That said, I found it easy enough to feed discreetly. I wore layered feeding tops or used muslim cloths. Quite often people would chat completely unaware that I was breastfeeding. I don't particularly object to people being blatant but that's just not me.

I fed my children when they were hungry. I did not become house bound or time a trip to the supermarket around when they 'may' decide to feed, I would have never got anything done. I have fed in museums, in coffee shops and once or twice on the tube.

Under no circumstance would I go into a toilet to feed my child. That said, I found it easy enough to feed discreetly. I wore layered feeding tops or used muslim cloths. Quite often people would chat completely unaware that I was breastfeeding. I don't particularly object to people being blatant but that's just not me.

Non parents have no idea how hard it is. None.

I fed my four everywhere and not once had any looks.I learned how to do it discretely.This was in the days before rooms were provided, and to the poster who says go to the car.Some of us haven't one.

I find spitting in the street more gross.

There are posters popping up saying "thanks for leaving us to it" with a woman breastfeeding her baby in a public area (for example at a bus stop) and in the picture is a very tolerant man who is standing nearby while the woman does the deed.

So what is the ettiquette here? let me give an example.

I went to costa coffee to read my paper and have a coffee, and 2 tables away, up pops a woman and her baby, no problems so far. She is around 8 feet away from me, and because I am reading the paper and drinking coffee my head is up and down (ie, not always looking down at the paper).

Anyway, out pops her breast.

Now it is impossible for me to drink my coffee with my head down, I have to look up in order to take a glup, and when I did that the woman looked at me as if to say "stop looking you pervert".

I took the option to sit somewhere else, because I felt as though I was being viewed as a pervert. I couldn't keep my head bowed down looking at the paper as I had to drink the coffee.

I accept that you get used to your wife or girlfriends chest, but as a man you will take a look - probably, if a man took his penis out - most people would have a quick look, its natural

I've never read something so ridiculous. How on earth is whipping a penis out comparable to feeding a baby in the most natural way. I suggest you learn a little self control and avert your eyes next time if you see a woman feeding her baby. I've fed all mine in public, discretely but obviously feeding and never had anyone's eyes on me in that way.:mad:

Never read such a load of tosh in my life from the posters. Goodness me it's a bairn sucking on a breast, which if done discreetly is almost indiscernible. What a backward looking lot you are, quick call the coppers a bairn is having its snap. Jaysus I despair. Wonder how many of the male protesters "enjoy" looking at the female form, in pictures and on telly.

Regards

Angel.

Archived