Breast feeding in public

But what is there to feel unconfortable about?? My wife doesn't do it in public often. But if we go out for a long time & baby gets hungry, baby gets fed & we aren't using bottles of formula. She didn't exactly get her breast out for all to see. All you could see was the babies head. If you don't like seeing it, look away. Don't look upon us like we are being disgusting.

Ahhh. See, I misunderstood. I assumed you could see way more than the top of baby's head. I don't see how that should cause a ruckus. :confused:

The woman I was speaking of just whipped it out in full view everyone. More than anything, I feel the boys were just surprised to be squirting ketchup on their french fries one second then looking up to see, well...something they hadn't seen a lot of at that point in their lives.

Discreetly nursing in public shouldn't be a big deal. I just would've ignored them. The kid has to eat.

If you removed the sexualisation of women from this topic the thread wouldn't exist. The function is natural...what isn't natural is to think it isn't.

Absolutely, well said. Therein lies the crux of the matter. I wonder if the some of the naysayers object to Page 3 women.

I can't understand why anyone would gawp at a breastfeeding mother either, she's not doing it to draw attention to herself. If people expect women to be discreet about it then they should exercise the same discretion.

Absolutely, well said. Therein lies the crux of the matter. I wonder if the some of the naysayers object to Page 3 women.

I can't understand why anyone would gawp at a breastfeeding mother either, she's not doing it to draw attention to herself. If people expect women to be discreet about it then they should exercise the same discretion.

Maybe those up in arms don't like to be reminded what they haven't had in a long time..:D

One persons idea of beautiful is anothers persons idea of ugly. We are all different. You can always tell what people are like by watching them. I have seen a mother discretely position herself to feed her child away from the eyes of others so as not to cause anyone any offence and to savour a private moment. Likewise I once saw a mother just sit there in front of everyone and carry on feeding. Guess which one wins my respect. Also makes you wonder whether the child will grow up to have respect and consideration for all those around them or just to expect to be given whatever they want when they want it. Just a thought.

I've only ever seen it once and thats cos andrea pointed her out, just as we were coming out of mammas and papas looking for nursing bras. She was so discrete and if Andrea didn't point her out (purely for the purpose of thats the thing we were just looking at and how discrete they are in real use) I'd have walked past the woman totally unaware she was feeding. No problem from me at all, just no need to be loud, obnoxious and flop a tit out. thats just plain rude and disrespectful to the baby.

Archived